Brides to Be Challenge!

Options
I'm starting a challenge for those of us that are getting married. I guess the grooms to be can join in too. We all want to start the next chapter of our lives happy and healthy. Also, it won't be bad to look stunning on the big day.

We'll do weekly check-ins of weight and measurements: Bust, underbust, waist and hips. We'll do one month of Challenge at a time because of different wedding dates. This one starts August 1.

This will be an individual challenge unless we get a gazillion people, then we will break up into teams.

Replies

• SunshineAndLove
    SunshineAndLove Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Ooo I'm in!

I get married 30th June 2012 so got quite a bit of time but I need to be near by goal weight by October ready for my first dress fitting!
  • SMarie1219
    SMarie1219 Posts: 67
    Options
    I'm in! Getting married June 2, 2012!!
  • vancemarylln
    vancemarylln Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am getting married June 23, 2012 and trying to lose another 65 pounds (at least) and tone up before the big day. We are going to Florida and getting married on the beach, so needless to say, a short dress means I need to slim up. lol

I'm up for this challenge though!
  • DRAGONGIRL91
    Options
    I want in I am getting married on May 19, 2012.
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm there! Getting married April 21, 2012! Trying to put off dress shopping until January! I that is cutting it close but I want to lose some weight first! 70 lbs and I will be happy... for now! Let's do this!
  • FutureMrsWanland
    Options
    I'm in! We're getting married June 30, 2012...first fitting will be in November, so I have to get these last 20 pounds off for good. I've lost 36 so far and have plateaued for awhile now...but then again, I haven't been as committed to working out as I used to. I needed something to get me back on track! Excited!!
  • tiggerfan
    tiggerfan Posts: 71
    Options
    I'm getting married 11th August 2012
    and have already bought my dress
  • catanzca
    catanzca Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in..perfect timing for me, getting married 9/17/11 :smile:
  • princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married 6/9/12! I have about 15 pounds to lose to be at my goal weight. I've had a hard time lately, so a challenge might be just what I need.
  • aml1631
    aml1631 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in.... Getting married in 4 weeks... want to lose some weight beforehand! my date is 8/28/11.
  • KansasGal
    Options
    Congrats, Ladies!!! Maybe we can also share ideas? I am getting married in less than 9 months and have not planned anything! lol, really need to get the ball rolling!
  • MrsSmith1112
    MrsSmith1112 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Congrats, Ladies!!! Maybe we can also share ideas? I am getting married in less than 9 months and have not planned anything! lol, really need to get the ball rolling!

Me too! I've planned a little, but nowhere close to what I need to have done. I have my dress, it's already too big...so what the hell...I'm totally in! Getting married 4-21-12...I wanna be a hot bride!
  • KansasGal
    Options

Me too! I've planned a little, but nowhere close to what I need to have done. I have my dress, it's already too big...so what the hell...I'm totally in! Getting married 4-21-12...I wanna be a hot bride!

lol, that is a great day to get married! That is also my wedding date!!!!
  • ido10612
    ido10612 Posts: 51
    Options
    I want in!! Im shedding for my wedding!!!
  • nicothepotato
    nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    If you friended me to be in the challenge but didn't post, I didn't get you down. Please post here to be in the challenge.

The brides so far:
    FutureMrsSmith04
    KansasGal
    aml1631
    princessmikayla5
    catanzca
    tiggerfan
    FutureMrsWanland
    DRAGONGIRL91
    vancemarylln
    SMarie1219
    MrsBycroft2B
    nicothepotato
    ido10612
    soccerella
    vannabehr
    Natasha26
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I'm in..perfect timing for me, getting married 9/17/11 :smile:

I'm the same date! I'd love to join in.....only have a few more weeks until my fittings, but I'd love to get some extra motivation and such before then!
  • MrsSmith1112
    MrsSmith1112 Posts: 169 Member
    Options

So cool!!! Just took a peek at your sig...8 months and 25 days is REALLY all we have left??? I need to get on theknot.com today and get some stuff done! YIKES!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Oh I want to join!! I am getting married on May 5th 2012.

I have 58 pounds to lose. I am hoping to have most of that off my January so I can get my dress (I am ordering online and having it altered locally to give me some time to play with)

We can do this!!! :drinker:
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm not getting married until September 22, 2012 but you have to start somewhere, right?
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

So cool!!! Just took a peek at your sig...8 months and 25 days is REALLY all we have left??? I need to get on theknot.com today and get some stuff done! YIKES!

The Knot is awesome!! My only complaint is I live in a smallish town and it doesn't have any vendors or recommendations for my area. kickcan.gif