Your favourite food swap

Options
2»

Replies

• DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Burrito bowls instead of wrapped. Surprising how much I don't miss the flour tortilla.

Also, not quite a swap but I find that if I aggressively spice/season my meats when cooking, I find a smaller portion just as satisfying as a lesser seasoned large one.
  • miratps
    miratps Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, that's a good one. Flavourings and seasonings, absolute life savers. Also learn so much more about the variety. Being from the UK its expensive but Flavorgod seasoning, particularly chocolate has been develish. I have nearly finished off a bottle in 2 days!
  • JennyThompson180
    JennyThompson180 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Protein shake instead of my carby, unsatisfying breakfast options.
    Almondmilk, unsweetened, in a very few areas instead of milk. 30 calories instead of 120 a cup. Just in my protein shake for now.
    Strangely, I went for half and half as coffee creamer instead of milk. A little goes a long way. I end up with fewer calories.
    Almost any veggie rather than potatoes. I have probably already eaten my lifetime allotment of potatoes.

• ch10e88
    ch10e88 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I usually finish work early on a friday and I'd love nothing more than getting home eating some chocolate and watching tv- such a treat after a hard week. But now I've swapped it for a spin class. I'll nip home, get ready and then I'll burn those calories rather than consume them. I actually feel so much happier and have more energy from it
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I switched to light mayo. Good enough and I just can't justify the calories for the full fat mayo.
    I ditched most salad dressings and oil. Not worth the calories for me either.
    Low carb tortillas for tortillas - no brainer there. Tasty and way less calories.
    I use Greek yogurt in coleslaw and on my potatoes.
    Halo Top/Enlightened instead of real ice cream most of the time... it's just as satisfying to me than the common store brand stuff.