Seeking balance for the first time ever!

Options
I'm three weeks into a journey to lose 60 pounds and get my health back. I'm 48, and unless I make it to 100 (very unlikely), I have more days behind me than are in front of me. I want to enjoy every one of them, but I need my body to let me. I'm working at finding a healthy balance. I don't do moderation, in anything. That must change. Extremes of anything are not sustainable. If I can't do it for the rest of my life I'm not interested. I'm new here but not new to the struggle and looking for a support network. Thanks!

Replies

• melanie_005
    melanie_005 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi Welcome. Feel free to add me always looking for friends to keep me motivated!!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,961 Member
    Options
    :) I chose "balance" as my word for 2017 because I tend to overdo anything that looks good to me. It has helped me to log food and exercise every day, make being healthy my number one priority, and seek every opportunity to be healthy. I wish you the best on your journey. Keep doing this one day at a time.
  • WildAngelJoy
    WildAngelJoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi...I m back on MFP,I lost 20 lbs. in 2012 but regained it due to a medication. MFP does work and friends do help. I have a great group of MFP friends who are honest, motivational and fun. It really helps to learn the calories in foods and also portion sizes. I eat everything but in moderation and checking portions, I also eat less of my "trigger foods" but allow small portions 1-2 times a week. Feel free to add me. Blessings...Joy