Battle of The Ice Cream Fat Newbie

Options
Got the app and ready to drop the fat (ohhhh the punssss)
I'm new to this and even though I've been working out my dieting skills have been horrid which is why I lost zero weight.
Join the battle with me and hopefully I don't fall into a pit of ice cream

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,720 Member
    Options
    I eat ice cream almost everyday. I just learned how to eat a single serving (usually half a cup). The issue with people is the AMOUNT of ice cream they eat. It can be part of any diet as long as you're WILLING to limit how much of it you consume.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • BWilkSilly
    BWilkSilly Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My problem is I'm a cola /caffeine addict and already went over my sugars when starting this but even cutting on the pop I have a severe migraine. So I have to cut colas and ice cream haha and not die
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    You can cut sugar without cutting cola/caffeine. Drink diet versions.... You won't die then :)
  • BWilkSilly
    Options
    Is the aspartame in it gonna be bad ? You guys I literally will drink like 2-4 liters of cola a day haha I have migraines in general from a severe head injury i sustained and and take medication and went to caffeine to help alleviate the rest of the pain ....dumb but it helps. I'll switch to diet but overall I'm trying to stop drinking all that stuff in general!! Thanks a bunch yall!!
  • BWilkSilly
    Options
    I've never heard of halo top so I'll definitely check it out, that k you so much !
  • BWilkSilly
    Options
    Haha I live in the good ol mitten so it's perfect
  • jacquih2981
    jacquih2981 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I don't touch icecream (lactose intolerant) but gin, dark chocolate, red wine - in my mind that is what cardio is for ( I know, I know but I can't drop ALL my bad habits and I do keep within calories)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    BWilkSilly wrote: »
    My problem is I'm a cola /caffeine addict and already went over my sugars when starting this but even cutting on the pop I have a severe migraine. So I have to cut colas and ice cream haha and not die

Do you have a medical reason for watching your sugar?
  • BWilkSilly
    Options
    I've gone to the doctors several times to see if I'm hyperglycemic or have diabetes but I don't. Dairy products upset my stomach do to having colon cancer and IBS and any time i have sugars like candy bars or stuff with high sugars I get sick ....but I drink so much pop it's insane haha if I dont I get weak and dizzy
    I'm a medical mystery ! XD
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,181 Member
    Options
    I'm not picky about what I do cardio for, just more of it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I've gone to the doctors several times to see if I'm hyperglycemic or have diabetes but I don't. Dairy products upset my stomach do to having colon cancer and IBS and any time i have sugars like candy bars or stuff with high sugars I get sick ....but I drink so much pop it's insane haha if I dont I get weak and dizzy
    I'm a medical mystery ! XD

You get sick from chocolate but not fizzy drinks... May be it's not the sugar then.
  • BWilkSilly
    Options
    Oh trust me I get sick from orange juice and like sprite and anything but coke/Pepsi and Dr pepper. It's weird my doctor said I built a "tolerance" but I don't know
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    I've never heard of halo top so I'll definitely check it out, that k you so much !
    BTW I think it is only available in the USA so hope that's where you live. :)

Nope, you can visit aus and buy it too!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,720 Member
    Options
    You can cut sugar without cutting cola/caffeine. Drink diet versions.... You won't die then :)
    This. I drink Diet Cherry Pepsi daily. At least 2 a day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Strongereveryminute76
    Strongereveryminute76 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Halo Top is the best. But there's alot more to binge on when needed. The Yasso yogurt bars, Skinny Cow Greek frozen Greek Yogurt bars, Good Pop coffee popsicles
  • BWilkSilly
    Options
    That's where I fall short. I HATE yogurt and all of its entirety. I already gag at milk and that's even worse...haha...
    I literally avoid it at all costs.
    I drink cashew milk and cook with it if I can
    I'm how I manage to be a chef at my job, allergic to seafood (works at Japanese restaurant) , and I'm falling apart.
    At least I'm happy and high spirited! :p:p