C25K advice!

I'm going in to week 7 on the app (pretty sure!) and ever since I started, I have ALWAYS done it 3 times a week, and repeated some days if I felt I needed to... this is the first time that I will have missed a workout! So I usually have 2 day breaks in between, or 3 in between so I don't do more than 3x a week..
Anyways! My last run was 15min run, break, then a 5min run on the 14th, it was hard but nothing out of the ordinary like some of the days I've repeated in the past... my next run is 20min strait!! With a 4 day gap from my 15min run, should I do it over again, or go for the 20min run? I don't want to hurt myself by doing too much with such a long break!

Replies

• Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 1,131 Member
    Go for the 20!
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Go for that 20 minutes! One missed day won't set you back. Think of it as an extra rest day to prepare.
  • kpkitten
    kpkitten Posts: 164 Member
    Once you've got to this stage, an extra day won't make much difference. I fell and had to take a week off between 7 and 8 and I still managed fine with proceeding to the next planned run. I had slight shin splints but they went after about a mile.
    Just take it easy. You could plan to do 15 but keep going if you feel up to it or aim for 20 and allow yourself to stop sooner if you need it
  • Ann262
    Ann262 Posts: 266 Member
    Go ahead and do the 20 minutes. One extra rest day won't set you that far back.
  • iwillthinkof
    iwillthinkof Posts: 37 Member
    edited June 2017
    Go for it! I just did my 20 minutes and it wasn't that hard. Make sure to pace yourself from the beginning as it is not about speed but about endurance. Speed will come later. Good luck! :)
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Just done the same day recently. Go for it! If you can run 15mins you can run 20mins.
  • Lizzypb88
    Lizzypb88 Posts: 367 Member
    edited June 2017
    *** thank you everyone, I did the 20min run today! Although I made it through, that will be a day I repeat, it was rough lol