trying to get healther at old age

Options
diethen
diethen Posts: 3 Member
here I am again I'm 55 and the pounds wont come off it was so much easier when I was young the pounds came off so much faster

Replies

• oldyogi66
    oldyogi66 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You've found the right place if you're serious about losing weight. Lots of support and tons of info.
  • DianBudram
    DianBudram Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello diet hen,
    I don't think 55 is old at all. It's all about changing your mindset. I try not to think about this journey as a diet, but as a life style change. Once I started doing that I to saw progress. Clean eating is a must for sure. Increasing protein and cut back on carbohydrates and you will see results. Feel free to add me.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,951 Member
    Options
    :) I started my journey at age 62, lost the weight I wanted to lose and have kept it off for years. You can do it, if you are serious, committed, and open minded to new ideas.
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I'm 56 and did fine on here. Welcome, and feel free to friend me if you like interacting.
  • RichardM1047
    RichardM1047 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello to all fellow new friends,
    I am 62 years young and feeling good, but my doctor has requested that I keep on an eye on my calories daily and suggested that I join this exciting program, so here I am to reach my goal with all of your help.
    Write me anytime, I am a retiree for the past six years, working on many project's these days.
    Your new friend from Southern Nevada,
    Richard
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    DianBudram wrote: »
    Hello diet hen,
    I don't think 55 is old at all. It's all about changing your mindset. I try not to think about this journey as a diet, but as a life style change. Once I started doing that I to saw progress. Clean eating is a must for sure. Increasing protein and cut back on carbohydrates and you will see results. Feel free to add me.

http://www.simplyshredded.com/research-review-the-dirt-on-clean-eating-written-by-nutrition-expert-alan-aragon.html
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I am 65 and here everyday for mutual support!
  • RichardM1047
    RichardM1047 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am 65 and here everyday for mutual support!

Perfect,