Do you eat pizza every week?

Options

Replies

• cangler
    cangler Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Pizza is one of my favorite foods and probably could it eat every day without question. But with that said, only eat it maybe 1 - 3 times a month... will just eat a frozen pizza you pop in the oven that's like 600 - 1200 calories depending on which one I get from the grocery store, satisfies my fix and I know the calories. I actually crave the "healthier" whole foods I eat every day, more than pizza.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Not every week but yes I enjoy pizza pretty regularly. Sometimes it fits sometimes not so much. That's okay as long as the good days outnumber the less good.
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Is Life without pizza worth living??? I eat it about once every two weeks. I try to fit it into my weekly calorie allotment. Like another poster my weight is usually up a pound or so the next morning due to the water retention.
  • abovethecity
    abovethecity Posts: 42 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I would love to eat it every single day lol, but it just doesn't fill me up unless I eat like four slices for some reason, so I eat it about once a month with a huge salad or veggies.
  • sutt0117
    sutt0117 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! The Flatout flatbread brand makes for a good lower carb option if making homemade and creates so much more volume too!
  • yoherbs421
    yoherbs421 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I do store bought frozen pizza every week other week. If I can track it its cool!
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I made pizza a lot when I was cutting. Dropped about 80 lbs or so eating pizza once or twice a week.

Bought the fresh made dough from whole foods and rolled it out thin. Added my favorites, usually chicken and lots of veggies. Sometimes just vegetarian. A big slice and salad made for a good meal for around 500 calories.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    I eat a whole pizza about once a month.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I eat a whole pizza about once a month.

There were a few months a while back where we kind of went off pizza and had fish and chips or a curry instead.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I don't eat pizza that often, but I do fit in other foods that are higher in calories. It appears that it's mental for you because "pizza on a diet" is often considered heresy in the world of dieting. Do it for long enough and you will get used to it. It's not different than eating a sandwich with meat and cheese for the same calories, which is considered "relatively okay" on a diet. Just think of it as a sandwich every time you eat it, and think of fried chicken as "grilled chicken on whole wheat bread with a drizzle of olive oil". Deconstruct it into its ingredients in your mind and you are more likely to be okay with it until you get used to it being just like any food in reasonable portions.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I don't eat pizza every week, but when I do I have it cheeseless (love pizza but don't care for cheese anymore.) I learned that in Naples, where pizza might have been invented, this is a popular way to eat pizza. Yum.

I think if it fits your eating plan, and it's that satisfying, it's probably SAVING your weight loss by helping you stick to the plan long-term.
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I haven't ate pizza since last October!
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza every week. I choose the ones that are 600-800kcal per medium pizza.
  • BenjaminSinanovic
    BenjaminSinanovic Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza , oreos and all other "bad" food when I have cravings on my diet... I just adjust it to my macros over the day and still lose weight... our body doesn't know if u give him proteins fats carbs from pizza or from rice chicken olive oil :D at the end of the day all comes to caloric deficit..and micronutrients ( vitamins , fibre...)
    I would recommend IIFYM diet for you and go over the day 70% "clean" food and 30% junk food and adjust your macros and u will still lose weight!!!
  • MontyMuttland
    MontyMuttland Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten pizza in over a year and a half. I spent a whole year losing 9 stone of fat off my body, so eating calorie-dense food like pizza just doesn't fit with the changes in eating habits I've made.
  • raquele3394
    raquele3394 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I try not to because Of diabetes status. If is frozen pizza I don't care for it. But if it from sal's and Bertucci's I can't help myself. Last week I went to Bertucci's and I had everything set up so I would not eat the pizza, but I stepped on the ball. So I think that pizza should not be allowed on my diet!
  • raquele3394
    raquele3394 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I usually have pizza or something similar (tonight was spaghetti with meat sauce, garlic bread and wine) every week.

If that slice from Whole Foods fits your calories, how would it harm your weight loss?
    By eating more than one!!!

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    Lol, I ate half a large pizza yesterday. And still stayed under in calories.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • GoldenEye_
    GoldenEye_ Posts: 330 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I got fat eating pizza +/- 2 times a week- now I don't even really enjoy it anymore. Nowadays I prefer sushi made with pearl barley instead of white rice or miso soup. The best thing is that I could have them every day if I wanted to and still lose weight. It's awesome!! I also have chocolate every day and cookies and ice cream at least twice a week and never have to feel guilty. Have I mentioned yet that I love calorie counting? :#
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I usually have pizza or something similar (tonight was spaghetti with meat sauce, garlic bread and wine) every week.

If that slice from Whole Foods fits your calories, how would it harm your weight loss?
    By eating more than one!!!

Any food that you eat that puts you in a surplus of calories would be a deterrent to weight loss, however, OP said the pizza was within her calories and seemed to be hung up on the fact that pizza is bad somehow, just because it's pizza.

I had a 1/4 of a large pepperoni pizza from dominos last night from a concession stand at an event. It was 600 calories and really filling. I'm in maintenance, but even when I was losing I could have fit that in on a regular basis.

I just never understand why people think that all pizza is some huge calorie bomb and/or inherently bad because of the components of it.