Days my fitness tracker is wrong

FreyasRebirth
FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
edited June 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm getting ready to leave cedar point and I supposedly have over 2000 calories of exercise (on top of my BMR). I am up to 14k steps but I'm pretty sure that a 2000 calorie adjustment is just plain wrong. What do you do on days you know your adjustment isn't realistic?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    I'd eat less of it back. Last month I went to a baseball game and had a 700 calorie adjustment when I didn't even hit 6000 steps. I have a feeling the sun messed with the HR reading.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Which tracker are you using?
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member

Garmin vivosmart HR. I think it was estimating from heart rate.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    Sometimes step counters will also count arm movements, so if you are doing something with your hands/arms it will count those as steps.
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member

Garmin vivosmart HR. I think it was estimating from heart rate.

I wear a Garmin Vivofit and a UA Band at the same time and the Garmin usually has a few thousand more steps on it at the end of the day.

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    Heart rate/movement from rides? Those roller coasters are awesome. :smiley:
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Sometimes step counters will also count arm movements, so if you are doing something with your hands/arms it will count those as steps.

You know you've been neglecting the laundry for too long when you get 3000 steps just from sitting on the bed and folding...