butt exercises

Options
bprague
bprague Posts: 564 Member
I'm looking for exercises that make it tough to sit the next day. Right now I do walking lunges, squats, side lifts, back and ups (making up names to describe what I'm doing btw) and I can't seem to get a muscle burn the next day and it makes me feel like I'm not challenging myself enough. I'm starting to wonder if I need ankle weights.

Does anyone have a series of exercises that will make me weep? pretty please!

Replies

• Tracey_Smith
    Tracey_Smith Posts: 199
    Options
    Take up squash, it hurts like hell in the butt area. x
  • ckidd311
    ckidd311 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Running up and down steps!!!
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    How many are you doing of each daily and for how long have you been doing them? I made a game out of squats, everytime I go to the bathroom I would do 10, it's amazing how many more a day you can get in. Having muscle burn is really not that important, if your doing these daily and enough reps you will see a difference.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Lunges, squats, straight leg dead lifts. Don't bother with the ankle weights.

How much weight are you lifting?

P.S. I'm having trouble sitting today myself, lol!!
  • sonbeam
    sonbeam Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I know that when I do a kettle bell workout I really feel it for the next few days (hips, butt, thighs).
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Take up squash, it hurts like hell in the butt area. x

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Brazilian Butt Lift. Just Google that.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    A couple of exercises:

Get an aerobic step and put some risers under it. Put one foot firmly on the step and a 5 lb weight in each hand. Now step up and down, extending the 'floor foot' behind you. Once you're used to this, increase the risers under the step and increase the weights.

Hold some weights while you're doing your walking lunges or pass a kettle bell through the legs with each step (which will also help your core strength too). The weights should be heavy - start with like 20 lbs.

Then try to sit on the toilet the next day. :-)
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't add ankle weight but either add hand weights or do your squats/lunges with a weighted bar...as heavy as you can go! That'll make ya feel 'em! Weighted dead lifts and split squats are great also!
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    OH HELLS YEA I DO!!

Split squats. You will cry like a baby!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CvEs-TOIKM

I have to keep my weights low or I cripple myself.

I also do squats, hack squats, deadlifts, lunges, kickbacks, extensions. I use weight for all of them.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I suggest upping your weight. Shoot for heavy weight in the 8 - 10 rep range for squats. Dead lifts and step ups (onto a bench) while holding dumbbells. Go heavy!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    A couple of exercises:

Get an aerobic step and put some risers under it. Put one foot firmly on the step and a 5 lb weight in each hand. Now step up and down, extending the 'floor foot' behind you. Once you're used to this, increase the risers under the step and increase the weights.

Hold some weights while you're doing your walking lunges or pass a kettle bell through the legs with each step (which will also help your core strength too). The weights should be heavy - start with like 20 lbs.

lol I hate having to pee the next day! I cringe everytime!!!
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    How many are you doing of each daily and for how long have you been doing them? I made a game out of squats, everytime I go to the bathroom I would do 10, it's amazing how many more a day you can get in. Having muscle burn is really not that important, if your doing these daily and enough reps you will see a difference.
    LOVE THIS IDEA!
  • bprague
    Options
    I do a repetition of 25 of each and repeat until I can't anymore... which is something like 4 sets
  • bprague
    Options
    A couple of exercises:

this one sounds great. I'll be doing this today :)
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

I do this to! I also do push ups everytime I go! One day squats/lunges the next push ups!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I agree, don't use ankle weights, hold free weights in your hands or a weighted bar.

Try doing deadlifts, sumo squats, pelvic thrusts.... I can't think of them all but I can tell you that I did Jillian's No More Trouble Zones on Monday and I'm still feeling it in my rear end!

ETA: Kettlebell swings work really well if you do them right too becuase you clench your rear when you're on the upswing.
  • klassi101
    klassi101 Posts: 23
    Options
    Bump for later...
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Soreness comes from the muscle fibers tearing and repairing themselves. Doing excess numbers of lunges, squats with no added weight doesn't give your muscle the queue to grow. Add resistance.. go heavier with less reps.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Dumbbell lunges get me every time.

Do a relatively light weight warm up, then pick up dumbbells heavy enough that you can only do somewhere around 8 reps at a time. If you can only do ~5 then decrease the weight, if you can do 12 or more, increase it.