Medical professionals out there?

Options
Hi, there! I am looking to see if there are other medical field professionals who would like to join me on this journey. I am a third shift BSN RN currently working on my MSN/FNP. Our jobs and schedules are unique in the stressors, so that's why I am hoping to find some others out there. EMT, pharmacy, nurse, NP, PA, MD, CNA, TLM tech, lab, radiology, anyone I missed! Where you at? Friend me, comment here, or send me a message!

Replies

• alidaalberts
    alidaalberts Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Add me. RN. PACU
  • heartnp2014
    heartnp2014 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I'm a family nurse practitioner specializing in cardiology. I'm new to this site and would love to make some new friends!! Friend or message me..,
  • surekhagill8630
    surekhagill8630 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm an MRI radiographer doing morning, evening and weekend shifts in Australia. Feel free to friend or message me! I'm finding I need to factor in different eating times for work and it can be a challenge!
  • mrssie1223
    mrssie1223 Posts: 146 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @AprilRN10 Contact @CharlieBeansmomTracey She is a former RN who was very helpful to me with my Keto diet. She provided me with a lot of important info. She's a super nice gal! :smiley: I think she'd be a great friend to have on your journey! :wink: Wishing you great success! :smiley: Michelle
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    mrssie1223 wrote: »
    @AprilRN10 Contact @CharlieBeansmomTracey She is a former RN who was very helpful to me with my Keto diet. She provided me with a lot of important info. She's a super nice gal! :smiley: I think she'd be a great friend to have on your journey! :wink: Wishing you great success! :smiley: Michelle

I said I used to be a nurse I wasnt an RN though(just want to clear that up).I just know a bit about keto although there are others more qualified out there than I am.
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @CharlieBeansmomTracey No matter, RN or LPN, still a nurse, though transparency is great!
    @mrssie1223 Thank you!
  • Bradley_J84
    Bradley_J84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Pharmacy here, fun times lol
  • ShellyPru84
    ShellyPru84 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    ER RN working 7p-7a
  • grwrn
    grwrn Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Cardiology NP here that rotates 8 hr, 10 hr and 12 hr shifts both in office and hospital. So it is a struggle to fit exercise in on a consistent basis. Add me.
  • silverlining78
    silverlining78 Posts: 7 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    RN here. Worked on Med-Surg, MICU forever, and now Interventional Radiology (It's totally the life!). I've worked rotating day/night shifts, full time days, full time nights, and now 9 hour days with on-call shifts. Hospital hours totally wreck my mind and body sometimes.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    AprilRN10 wrote: »
    @CharlieBeansmomTracey No matter, RN or LPN, still a nurse, though transparency is great!
    @mrssie1223 Thank you!

used to be is the operative.havent done anything in that field since the 90s. I had to quit due to health reasons.
  • nursiekins34
    nursiekins34 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm an LPN but I work on the IT side doing training. Easily work 10-12+ hour shifts so I understand the struggle. Feel free to add
  • mrssie1223
    Options
    @CharlieBeansmomTracey Don't sell yourself short! ;) I used to be a Pharmacy Tech about 10 years ago, but I could walk into a Pharmacy today and still know all the meds, etc. You never forget! :) Michelle
  • CharlieICURN
    CharlieICURN Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi! I work 7P-7A in a Neuro ICU!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    mrssie1223 wrote: »
    @CharlieBeansmomTracey Don't sell yourself short! ;) I used to be a Pharmacy Tech about 10 years ago, but I could walk into a Pharmacy today and still know all the meds, etc. You never forget! :) Michelle

you may not forget but every year things change. new studies come out,etc. its not the same now as it was 20 years ago.new meds come out, new diseases and so on. I worked mainly with the elderly though.
  • heartnp2014
    heartnp2014 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I work out patient cardiology as NP. Not easy to get in a workout when you come home mentally drained. Trying my best to work out early am before work, usually be 6am
  • mrssie1223
    Options
    @newmeadow All I was trying to say is that she is still a very intelligent woman. It was a compliment. I believe that, retired or not, she would still be a great friend to @AprilRN10 as she's been there, and understands the stress involved in nursing. I was not trying to convince @CharlieBeansmomTracey to go back into nursing. Calm down. :smiley: Michelle
  • jcummings6
    jcummings6 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm a Physical Therapist, you would think that means I'd be extremely active but my job is rather sedentary (I work in the home health setting). I use to be active with sports, running, hiking etc. but I think I let some of the stress of work get to me over the past couple years. Unfortunately work comes home with me more often than I would like making squeezing in exercise a challenge. I'm sure many of you can relate in similar ways. I'm always looking for more MFP friends to help support me.
  • Bradley_J84
    Bradley_J84 Posts: 110 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Oh man I love healthcare. Very awesome professions I find very intriguing!!!
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I work out patient cardiology as NP. Not easy to get in a workout when you come home mentally drained. Trying my best to work out early am before work, usually be 6am

I work 12 hour shifts, so I don't work out on those days. But I do every day I don't work. Five am or so before bed.