My Secret to Sustained Weight Loss.

Hello. My name is Gina Love, and I lost 52 pounds two years ago, and kept it off, by counting all of my calories on www.MyFitnessPal.com even after losing all the weight. Another secret I have is that I never drink my calories. And I avoid all artificial sweeteners and all alcohol like the plague. I drink a lot of plain tap water, and black coffee and tea without additives. I exercise every single day at activities that I love. My Body mass index is 22.5 if that tells you anything. My method works. My weight has been stable over the past two years. For those of you who are interested, I have another weapon in my weight maintenance arsenal: mindfulness meditation. I practice it for 15 minutes, twice a day. Meditation goes a long way toward appetite control.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Nicely done!
  • mom2kateRH
    mom2kateRH Posts: 178 Member
    Great job, and good, sound advice!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Glad you found what works for you.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    So glad that you found what works for you.

Personally, I didn't avoid sugar, sweets, or alcohol. I just had a calorie deficit that included all things I liked. It worked for me while losing, and has worked for the 7+years I have been maintainingat at normal BMI. (counting calories for a could of weeks a couple of times a year.).

I think it is wonderful that each person can find a way of losing and maintaining that suits their life style.

Cheers, h.
    ( on her 2nd glass of wine)

Cheers
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member

Personally, I didn't avoid sugar, sweets, or alcohol. I just had a calorie deficit that included all things I liked. It worked for me while losing, and has worked for the 7+years I have been maintainingat at normal BMI. (counting calories for a could of weeks a couple of times a year.).

I think it is wonderful that each person can find a way of losing and maintaining that suits their life style.

Cheers, h.

Cheers

Chink chink, on to the 3rd, h. B)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,530 Member

Cheers, h.

Cheers

Easy there tiger :wink:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    :)
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »

Cheers, h.

Cheers

Easy there tiger :wink:

@PAV8888 we really should meet up sometime when I am travelling between Victoria and Port Moody. h.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,530 Member
    @PAV8888 we really should meet up sometime when I am travelling between Victoria and Port Moody. h.
    PM sent :wink:
  • ginalove1960
    ginalove1960 Posts: 60 Member
    Artificial sweeteners have been repeatedly scientifically proven to increase cravings for sweets, and that's why I avoid them. I rarely partake of alcohol because I don't like it that much and it has too many empty calories.
  • ginalove1960
    ginalove1960 Posts: 60 Member
    It's been all over the news and the internet.