Yoga - 3 pose - two week challenge

Options
13»

Replies

• Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Day 8, or week 2 day 1 completed. Did really well today but it might be because it's nice and hot today.
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Day 9/ Week 2, Day 2: done :)
    It was a quicky one because I was in a hurry, but I did it anyway :)
    One question for you guys, if you have experience with a tree pose: how do you prevent your feet slip down the thigh?

@PinUpGirlAtHeart don't worry, that is the whole purpose of this challenge - to make a progress and get better little by little :)
  • Macy9336
    Options
    Day 9 done. Hooray!
    @daneejela for tree pose I am barefoot and will put heel just above where my thigh muscle comes out. If it's really slippy, I've also done a variation where you place the foot on top of your upper thigh instead of against the inside. You can up that one too by doing twisted tree which is where you wrap the same side arm as the keg you're bending around your waist to grab your toes.
  • daneejela
    Options
    Day 10/Week 2, Day 3: done!

@Macy9336 Thanks! And good job all those days!
  • Macy9336
    Options
    Day 10 completed. So hot today.
  • Macy9336
    Options
    Day 11 done! Hope everyone is well today...happy Father's Day!
  • daneejela
    Options
    Day 11 completed. :)

I am thinking which poses to choose for the next round..I was thinking about half moon, warrior 3 or dolphin...
    I am trying to choose poses that mostly benefit posture, half moon and warrior 3 looks like poses that could strengthen gluteus while at the same time opening hips and chest, so I think they could be a good choice.
    Do you have any suggestion? :)
  • PinUpGirlAtHeart
    PinUpGirlAtHeart Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Sorry for not posting as I should have. I haven't been doing any yoga or exercise lately because work has been so extremely bad and I've been getting migraines that have been making me so sick. I barely gotten through a couple of work shifts because of them making me feel like throwing up, light headed, and dizzy. I've been getting them before work and they last the rest of the day and throughout the night I'm sick from it. Anyone know of ways to ease this naturally? Any tips on how to get rid of them would be much appreciated, especially something that I could do at work. If I'm at home, I can just lay down in the dark.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    @PinUpGirlAtHeart Sorry to hear about your migraines!

Don't be a martyr and think you must heal them "naturally" like some long-toenailed commune-dweller.

Science and medicine is "natural". Get professional help, and I don't mean acupuncture or crystals. :smile:

I love yoga, but that doesn't mean I have to refrain from logic and critical thinking.
  • PinUpGirlAtHeart
    Options
    I only said naturally because the medicine for them and the icy hot I used for my overly tense neck haven't been helping. Heck, I took it twice and nothing. They're not from dehydration either because I drink a lot of water nowadays. I could never do acupunctures! Haha! I'm terrified of shots and needles! I also have a very low pain threshold. I've tried stretching my neck (because when my head hurts, my neck does, too and vice versa), but nada. Last time I went to the doc for it, all she said was that the anxiety med she prescribed me "might" help as she was rushing me out. I thought this was horrible because it seemed like she wasn't concerned in the slightest bit about the amount of migraines and headaches I get even though she prescribes my sister who has the same issue medicine for it. I really need a new doc. The only thing that has really helped even in the slightest bit has been a dark room and laying down, but I can't do that at work. Some yoga moves supposedly help, but I can't do that at work either and even if I could, I'm too sick to even bend over without that lightheaded, nauseous feeling. Ugh! I can't wait till my day off! I'm just gonna relax with my video games and manga.
  • Macy9336
    Options
    Finished day 12. Home stretch!
  • daneejela
    Options
    Day 12 done.
    @PinUpGirlAtHeart sorry about your migraines :-( I don't have any smart advice :( just take a rest and take your time..
  • PinUpGirlAtHeart
    Options
    @daneejela I finally have a day off tomorrow. Aside from possibly going to gym, I'm definitely planning to do so. ^_^ I'm looking forward to both.
  • Macy9336
    Options
    Day 13 completed. Still not much good at grasshopper can hold for two breaths tops. But happy I worked on it and will keep doing so. Looks like another hot day today. Going to hide in the shade. B)
  • daneejela
    Options
    Day 13 done :)
  • Macy9336
    Options
    Sorry could not do day 14 today. Feeling very poorly. :/
  • daneejela
    Options
    Day 14 done :)
    Challenge completed :)

@Macy9336 no worries, we do what we can when we can :) Hope you're feeling better :*