Favorite low cal desserts?

Options

Replies

• vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    OMG Mini Peanut Butter Chocolate Pies! The recipe is on here :) soooo yummy!!!!
  • avenathus
    avenathus Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    It sounds more like breakfast than dessert but lately I've been mixing warmed-up/hot blueberries or strawberries with some cottage cheese and maybe some banana and flax seeds or almonds. It's great for protein! And it's just sweet enough that I often have it for dessert after dinner :)
  • sabbychill
    Options
    Peeled bananas frozen, then you put them in a blender. Makes soft serve ice cream...very yummy and u dont have to add any sugar to it.Creamy and good for you
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I like "banana ice cream". All you do is take a banana, peel it and break it into pieces. Freeze it on a plate for about 1-2 hours. Throw into the food processort and whip it up for about 20 seconds, until it's creamy and then eat it. It's like a banana soft serve! SO creamy and good. If you're ambitious, I saw someone put a tsp of peanut butter in theirs too. In the past I've added in chopped up walnuts and a few chocolate chips, so it has a sort of "Chunky Monkey" taste. It's really a great way to get your fruit!

I was totally going to say the same exact thing! So delicious!
  • babynurse123
    babynurse123 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • runner328
    runner328 Posts: 174
    Options
    I like to put peanut butter in the microwave nuke it for 20 seconds then dip a banana in it. It's like peanut butter fondue.
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Chobani greek yogurts! I buy all of the flavors. 6 oz container, add a dash of stevia and it tastes like a cheesecake!
  • ♚SuperHeather♚
    Options
    Yoplait Berry parfait and only 100 calories!!
  • amylcox222
    amylcox222 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This was what I would have chosen!! My husband can have his full-calorie strawberry shortcake and I can have something that looks just like his without feeling guilty!!
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    small red apple (sliced)
    1 tbsp peanut butter with cinnamon and honey

YUM!!
  • heathenpoet
    heathenpoet Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried using silken tofu as a base for chocolate mousse? Put soft silken tofu in a food processor along with low-fat drinking chocolate powder and/or cocoa and/or sweetener and/or honey (all just to taste). Divide into little portions and refrigerate. It's been a while since I made some, so I'm not sure about the quantities or cals/fat off-hand (useless, sorry). I used to have it when I did Slimming World as it came out pretty low 'syn'. Anyway, it's very convincing. I once made it for a dinner party but using Green & Black's vegan chocolate - no one guessed it wasn't cream/dairy-based....
  • mjmoore8480
    Options
    www.skinnytaste.com has all kinds of great recipes, and gives nutritional info for all of them. Only tried a few so far, but all have been good!
  • J3nnaLyn
    J3nnaLyn Posts: 125
    Options
    Thanks! These are all great!
  • aprilmwilson
    aprilmwilson Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Bump:happy:
  • ToryCarr
    ToryCarr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I like to chop up some fruit and dip them lightly into some nutella then some fat free cool whip! YUM!
  • GreenGettingLean
    GreenGettingLean Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    if you're like me and just can not give up ice cream cold turkey, weight watchers makes these little mini sundaes (cookie dough, peanut butter cup, etc) that are all around 170 calories and totally hit the spot. they're my little treat every few days :) i love them!
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    russell stover's sugar free candies- they use splenda. my favorites are the mint patties and the toffee squares. yummy! They are kinda high in fat though so you have to have the room. Great treat though!
  • jennipooh82
    jennipooh82 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I like frozen grapes
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I have to say ice cream is my fav!!!! Kroger has vanilla ice cream cups for 100 calories and Smuckers has blueberry topping 45 calories for a tablespoon....YUM!!!!
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Oh, i just have to share- last night I went grocery shopping and saw the jello mousse temptations- They're low cal, there were different flavors; I bought the lemon meringue and it was only 100 cals and 2 grams of fat but it was 12 grams of sugar. But hey, for a low cal treat for yourself- that was SOOO GOOD!! really close to the way higher cal and fat pie. i definitely recommend them- I wanna try the other flavors now!