300lbs+ & Clothing Sizes (Progression Pics 46lbs loss)

Options

Replies

• jmore85
    jmore85 Posts: 36
    Options
    well done, my goodness you must be so pleased. I have lost a lot (ok so it's nowhere near as much as you have lost) and even though I have seen a huge difference in my girth, I still can't comfortably fit the next size down and I have no idea what I was, but I am guessing I must have been a good size 20 wearing stretched out size 18's. I am so out of most of my biggest clothes, and I can get 'real' 18s on me and zipped up but I have a muffin top, so I dont wear them yet. Iguess everyone is different though. You must have gone down a size, if not 2 sizes, you made a huge jump from stretch 'who knows what size' to zipper and button..... you should consider it a great victory. I thnk you are doing great!

PS feel free to add me
  • waterlily
    waterlily Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Bravo!! Awesome progress!!
  • MarchelleLynne
    MarchelleLynne Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    awesome job!!! hard work paying off
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Sizes vary so much from manufacturer to manufacturer that it's really just a matter of what you find that fits. I'm 5'10" and 275 pounds. I wear between an 18 - 24... although 24s are generally too big now... at least in pants. My shoulders are as wide as the universe so I'm still in a 24 jacket when I wear a suit (and probably won't go much below an 18 on that).

I did notice last week (down about 27 pounds) that I could wear some bras that I hadn't been able to wear in a few years. Also, I fit into a skirt or two that I was just ready to put away (2 months ago) because I thought I'd never get there!
  • LMorrison1009
    LMorrison1009 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    For every ten pounds you usually drop a size in pants/shorts. I believe every 30-40 pounds you can drop a shirt size but don't quote me as I have not lost my 25 pounds yet..... I just wanted to say congrats on your progress. Keep up the good work.

~A

This isn't necessarily true.... I started at 275 in a size 22. I've lost 16 lbs, and am fitting comfortably into SOME 20's that I had in my closet, but not all of them. If I went down a size for every 10 pounds lost, though, I'd be in a size 0 at 165 pounds! There's no way in heck that that will happen!!!

There may be about a 10 pound difference between misses sizes, but I think for those of us that start out in the higher end of plus sizes, it takes a while for the sizes to change. Don't get discouraged. You're doing great, and I definitely see a difference in your photos!!
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I started my true weight loss journey (this time) in January of this year. I weighed around 232 lbs. and wore a size 22/24 in skirts ( I do not wear pants) I have lost around 45 lbs. now and wear a size 16/18 mostly. I do have some size 14 that fit too, but I think they may be missized, but it makes me feel good to say that I can wear a size 14 some. I am a waitress and we have to wear white 3 button polo shirts and I used to buy them from the mens section and I would buy size lg and xlg, they were a bit big, but I wanted to hide some of the fat. Now I buy a size medium ladies. They are not big on me as I don't feel like I need to hide as much now. I still have about 35 or more lbs. to lose but I don't feel near as embarrassed about my size now. Feel free to add me as a friend and supporter if you would like. I love to motivate and be motivated by others. Also, I can tell a difference in your before and after pics, especially the one that was dated (I think) Feb and then July. It is one from behind. I really see the difference, keep up the great work.
  • joannepapas
    joannepapas Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work! You are an inspiration to those of us who have a very long journey ahead of us! Keep us posted!
  • coleblu13
    coleblu13 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey girl great job, keep it up. From my experience the bigger you are the more you have to loose to drop sizes. On average it takes about 50lbs loss to drop a sizes until your under 300, then you will only need to lose about 25 or 30. Then once your under 200 it will only be like 15-20 and so on. Another factor is the type of exercising and toning you are doing. The more you tone the more your body changes the way you carry your weight and how your clothes fit. As for the sizes with the different pants you are trying it really just depends on where you buy them. For instance a 26/28 from woman within and romans is going to run bigger than the ones sold at Lane Bryant and Fashion Bug Plus, which will also run a little bigger than the brands sold at Walmart or Maurices. So depending on the brand you might fit in a 26/28 and you might not. Hope this helps. Good Luck and Keep up the good work!
  • tluckett1
    tluckett1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Do this really works
  • phy40
    phy40 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous, stay on track. To answer your question, for me it was about 30 lbs.
  • Timeforme714
    Timeforme714 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Rock on with your bad self girl! I'm over 300 and just getting started. You have given me motivation!
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest I wore a 22/24 and it was super tight. It had to be stretchy jeans too or I would have to go up a size. Most stores I went shopping at did not go above that size so I wore pants that did not fit. Now I still wear the same ones b/c I can't afford to buy new jeans yet and they are either fitting perfect or too big depending on the pair. I can't wait to get out of the plus plus sizes!!! Great job and keep up the good work!
  • jea1668
    jea1668 Posts: 32
    Options
    I agree with people who said its different with everyone, i started out at in tiiiiiiight pants and dropped down about 20lbs and was still in my same pants but they actually fit well! almost discouraging with not dropping a size but dont give up!!! a few more pounds and i was in a size down! keep up the great work :D:D:D!
  • forever28
    forever28 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Way to go, sista!! Proud of you! Keep up your amazingly hard work. As for sizes, all brands fit differently unfortunately. I hate that! Hang in there girl! You are going places! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I have gone from a size 26 pant to a size 12 petite in about 9 months. At first I needed a 20 pound loss to lose a size, now it is more like 5 pound loss to move a size. This last week I gained 4 pounds and still lost a pant size. I think it depends a lot on where you have most of your fat, and where you lose it the fastest. I found that if I measured about 8 key spots, that I was always losing inches from some place. Keep up the good work.
  • daddyratty
    daddyratty Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You're going to make it!
  • LJSpady
    LJSpady Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    First of all, you're doing such an amazing job!
    Everything works a little slower when you start out with bigger numbers unfortunately. I started my journey at 375 (probably more, but like you, I couldn't get to a working scale for until about 3 weeks in) and now I'm down to 331. That's 44 lbs, and I'm still rocking my same 24/26 jeans. They're getting roomier, but I'm definitly not small enough for a 22 yet. I just kinda figured that if you're carrying as much weight as I was that so much of it has to come off from so many places, and it can't all happen in my jeans at once. It's also that fact the big girl jeans aren't made the same way as normal jeans, they don't always size us consistantly. =(
    Anywho.. keep up the good work!
  • daddyratty
    daddyratty Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    First of all, you're doing such an amazing job!
    Everything works a little slower when you start out with bigger numbers unfortunately. I started my journey at 375 (probably more, but like you, I couldn't get to a working scale for until about 3 weeks in) and now I'm down to 331. That's 44 lbs, and I'm still rocking my same 24/26 jeans. They're getting roomier, but I'm definitly not small enough for a 22 yet. I just kinda figured that if you're carrying as much weight as I was that so much of it has to come off from so many places, and it can't all happen in my jeans at once. It's also that fact the big girl jeans aren't made the same way as normal jeans, they don't always size us consistantly. =(
    Anywho.. keep up the good work!

I was wearing 42 (men's) jeans, but is it awkward to say I could have had quite a muffin top? Suffice to say I was straining and squeezing myself into those, so it was quite awhile before I was able to downgrade to 40's. I can *almost* fit into my 38's now, and I dream of someday wearing 34's again.
  • chicabean420
    chicabean420 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I started at 265, and I was an 18/20. I didn't wear my first pair of regular size jeans or khakis until I got to about size 12. Now I'm back up to a 16 and hating that the clothes I have aren't very stretchy :(

Keep up the good work and don't look back!
  • mmiiaa
    mmiiaa Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    When I started at 280, I was a size 20-22 pant (though I could still fit into my very old 18's because they were VERY old), and now, 30 pounds lighter, I wear 16/18/20. I don't own any 16's yet, but I'm very very close.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!