I need a little support...

Options
gzbogi
gzbogi Posts: 5 Member
Hello! I am looking into losing weight and keeping it off! I have had a few surgeries over the years and my weight has gone up and down. My back is my biggest weight loss stopper. It goes out all the time or if not out then almost out. It prevents me from doing a lot work outs. I sit all day at my job. I am able to get up and walk around on my breaks which does help, but I know I need to do more. I want to lose about 70 pounds to start. The struggle is real folks! lol I was asked to be in a wedding in Sept. I don't want to be the big girl in the wedding. Help!!! :)

Replies

• musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    You don't have to work out, just eat at an appropriate calorie deficit and you'll lose weight fine.
  • Godsgirl42
    Godsgirl42 Posts: 3,490 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!!! Exercise when you can and eat healthy and it'll come off!!
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Just eat at a deficit and the weight will come off without exercise. Diet is a significant part of weight loss. Sorry to hear about your physical problems, but it shouldn't impeded your weight loss efforts :)
  • chickpeanna
    chickpeanna Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey I'd like to your friend and support each other. I want to lose about 60 pounds by eating , around 1400 cals/day and exercising. I have a knee injury that gets me down and am trying to find ways to exercise that don't cause pain. So far I've started biking since it's warm out and want to start lap swimming.
  • bellabella1983
    bellabella1983 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • TracyNaples
    TracyNaples Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try water aerobics. Less impact on joints and good cardio.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is all about a calorie deficit.

Set your goals here to lose weight, log your food, stay as close to that calorie goal as you can, and you'll lose weight. Walking is a good way to bleed off some calories. Maybe get a stand-up desk if you have that option?
  • melanie_005
    melanie_005 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You can add me!!
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Your diet is the most important thing to get that weight off, if you make some adjustments there you'll see results :) Ultimately, you know your body best and what you're capable of doing, so just do as much as you can and be proud that you're doing your best! Feel free to add me, good luck :smile:
  • kmorgan151
    kmorgan151 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Add me...I don't exercise at all I do count steps and I stick to my calories. Started March 1st at 237 and today I am 211.4...so you can do this....
  • mskathleen7
    mskathleen7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well I'm on your side, here to encourage and uplift. I'm older (70) so I understand all those trials. However, I do know that you can do it. We often stop ourselfs quickly with our language. Things like; "I want to", or "I'm thinking of", or other denouncing phrases. Begin with a look in the mirror, you are pretty, tell youself so and then keep it up you will find yourself like yourself more and then things seem easier. Take those small steps first, then the bigger ones. I know for myself it was a long time liking "ME", so for me that is the first, like yourself, you're worth it............... <3
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I used to sit alot...so I would suck in my gut over n over, kinda like keigel (lol) only in the tummy...I also sat very "tall and straight" takes alot of core muscle to keep that up over a long day. Shoulders back when walking to/from daily work. all those things add up over a course of a day. Keep your calories at a deficit, weigh/log food daily on mpf, and be honest with yourself. You can get a few pounds off before the Bride's big day and it will give you confidence, too.