I need suggestions!

Options
Hello

I'm looking for realistic ways to lose weight. My fiance and I work completely opposite schedules, and at work we aren't guaranteed to be able to eat lunch.

So what do y'all Do? What types of meals do you eat on the go? How do you find time to exercise everyday?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I eat less calories than my body uses in a day. My body uses approximately 2400 calories a day. I shoot for about 1800 calories a day.
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Tbh... I don't do any extra exercise. I walk alot and climb but that's at the weekends. It's science... More calories out than in and you should lose weight :) Don't skip meals... Eat little and often so your body knows it's getting something or it'll hang on to the bad stuff!
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Fortunately I have a great schedule and workout in the evening.
    Some snacks I eat (meal prepping and planning ahead helps bunches)-
    Fruit
    Cheese
    Greek Yogurt
    protein shakes
    veggies with bolthouse yogurt ranch dressing
    Protein bars (mmm. chocolate)
    boiled eggs
    tuna pouches

I do HIIT cardio about 2 times a week and that only takes about 15-20 minutes. Good luck
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Figure out what you're eating now, get comfortable with logging.

Reduce your calories from there -- MFP will provide you with a target based on your goals and lifestyle.

If the meals you're eating on the go now fit into that calorie goal, continue with them. If not, make adjustments to make them fit. You don't have to eat anything new to lose weight, you can lose weight eating smaller portions of what you eat now. But if you want to try new foods or recipes, some people find it's easier to stay in a deficit if they focus on what personally helps them feel fuller (many people find that fiber, protein, or fat do this for them -- you may have to experiment to find yours).

Exercise is optional for weight loss, but many people like how it makes them feel physically. I personally find time by waking up earlier each morning -- that way I can know whatever else happens in the day, I'm going to have it done.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Eat at a calorie deficit. You don't need to eat lunch or exercise or eat special foods or be on the same schedule as someone else.
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast *now since starting MFP* around 7am. Then nothing until about 7pm and then a snack before bed. I hate daytime eating, but know I need the fuel to workout. But there's no rule that says you have to eat 3 meals per day or even 2 meals per day. I don't know how people eatg 3 meals plus snacks. But different schedules is OK, too. If he works nights, he probably needs to eat at night and you during the day.

I don't do meal prep at all, but lots of people here seem to find it easier/helpful. You could try that.

You don't HAVE to exercise, though that's obviously healthiest...but if your schedules are too crazy, maybe only workout together on weekends and add short walks into weekdays. Like 10 min before work, 10 min after, 10 min in evening after dinner.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    I get my macros and my micros in and then fill in with what ever else I want that day while staying in a calorie deficit.