Can anyone tell me...

Options
How the hell I went from 178.6 on Friday to 182.4 today??? Ugh. I know I didn't eat 10,000 calories this weekend

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Increased salt intake? TOM? Increased exercise? There a number of reasons why your body might retain some extra water, with will give you a falsely elevated reading on the scale. It will drop off in the next couple days. Fluctuations happen. It's not actual fat gain.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,737 Member
    Options
    If you didn't eat 13,300 calorie over maintenance, it's not fat. It's most likely water weight, or more-than-typical digestive system contents, or a combination. Take a few deep breaths, and try to relax. Drink adequate water, and it should be gone in a few days.
  • Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the replies. I try not to let the number on the scale determine how I feel but I was excited to be under 180.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,737 Member
    Options
    Tiff1124 wrote: »
    Thank you for the replies. I try not to let the number on the scale determine how I feel but I was excited to be under 180.

You'll be back there almost before you know it. (Stay the course. ;) .)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'd bet you'll be back there tomorrow.

• bigmuneymfp
    bigmuneymfp Posts: 2,235 Member
    Options
    I do it every weekend
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I went from 162.6 to 168.8 over the weekend. I'm reasonably certain I didn't suddenly put on over 6 lbs of fat.
  • Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input everyone:) 50 pounds is a long way to go, so the scale needs to keep going dowwwwwn haha
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    You might want to look into a weight-trending app. They use an algorithm, and after a few weeks of daily data points, can show you the overall trend of where you're headed. In spite of the daily fluctuations which can mess with your head when you aren't seeing the overall picture.

It takes the pressure off weigh-ins and helps you understand how your body responds to food, exercise and hormone fluctuations. Regarding your weight, that is. :wink:

Libra is for Android. Happy Scale is for iPhone. And btw, it IS a happy scale for me now! :smiley:
  • kellyfeb78
    kellyfeb78 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've put on 5lb over the weekend and couldn't work out how then read how sunburn can make u gain water weight and I got severely burnt Sunday so I'm not worrying too much just yet