Why cant i poop anymore

Options
I only pooped 3 or 4 times this month

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The less you consume, the less you have to process.

The total fiber you consume, as well as the ratio of soluble to insoluble fiber, and the volume of water you consume, all affect your poopage.

There's also an electrolyte component. If your magnesium is low like most people, that can slow the process.

• kemshara
    kemshara Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Add daily miralax
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    OP do you have greek yogurt or Dairy on a regular basis?
  • Domomallow
    Domomallow Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Like previous posters said.... you need more water and more fiber. Fruits, Vegetables, Flax seeds...
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Wow that's awful!! Eat lots of fiber and drink lots of water. When I had this problem I was aiming for 40g of fiber a day (recommended is like 25). I bought that fiber one cereal (the plain one that looks like duck food-I sprinkled a little sugar on top) a cup has like 28 g right there. And low calorie too. It worked. I was like clockwork, every morning.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine.

Eat more fat and fiber.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I only pooped 3 or 4 times this month

Generally speaking fats, fiber, fluids and exercise keep things moving.
    Did you change your diet? Try adding more fat or eating more vegetables, fruits, whole grains to your diet. Drink more.
    Have you tried anything at all to remedy the situation? Tried a fiber supplement? A laxative?

You could talk to your doctor at this point.
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/constipation/symptoms-causes/dxc-20252715
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    wow, that's not normal......were you consistent before and this is new? Try drinking more water, and eating at least 5 pieces of fruit/veggies a day.
  • Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Are they big poops or little ones? When I was eating very little fiber I used to poop only once or twice a week, but they were huge. Now that I eat a ton of fiber I poop 1-2 times a day but they are very small. If your poops are small it could just be the amount of food you are eating in general. If they are big you need to worry about eating better foods for your body. I'm not an expert. If I only pooped 3 times in a month I would go see a doctor.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    before i pooped every 2-3 days
    im trying to add more fiber because i eat double fiber bread and more veggies
    my mommy said i can go to the doctor if it doesnt get better soon

your mommy?

Well now it makes sense. :D:D
  • cangler
    cangler Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    add some dried prunes to your diet, they're so delicious too.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Ask your mother for help.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    After trying the suggestions above, if it continues, talk to your doctor to make sure there's not a more serious underlying problem. 1x week isn't generally considered "normal".
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Have you cut back on the amount of food you're eating this month? If you're eating close to or less than your body needs for fuel, there's going to be less waste to eliminate. Personally, if I'm not feeling discomfort I don't worry about when/how often I go.