More vs less meals each day

Options
2»

Replies

• tbirk
    tbirk Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    More meals works for me! I have 3 meals and one or two snacks. I can't make it so many hours without eating. Snacks are things like bananas, granola bars, string cheese, peanut butter crackers. Just something 200 calories or less to help me make it to the next meal. I get headaches and stomach pains if I go too long without eating. That's just me though. :smile:

Best of luck to you on your weight loss journey!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Lizzy622 wrote: »
    some people say too many meals does not allow your digestive system proper time to rest and others say many small meals digest better. I think it is individual and we each should see which works better for how our body functions.

^^^This. And also see what the individual prefers.

Some people find spreading out their meals prevents them from getting hungry making it easier to eat less. Others find it stimulates there appetite making it harder to eat less...
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I kind do a little of both. I eat about half my calories split over breakfast (~70kcal)/morning snack(~270kcal)/lunch (~340kcal)/afternoon snack (~140kcal). I work a desk job so I just pack it all up each day and save the rest of my calories for a big dinner. At work I have some more temptations (snacks/treats) and I have personally found that making sure I have a little something to eat whenever I start to feel a little hungry to prevent me from grazing. Then I have the other half of my calories (800-900kcal) for a big dinner. I have a protein shake in the afternoon in addition to all of this when I am lifting that day. On the weekends, I tend to eat 2-3 bigger meals with minimal snacking.

I recently had to change my process a little more to accommodate my new workout schedule, but I am happy with where it ended up. I will change it again as I need to. This is what works very well for my body and my schedule. Experiment and find what works well for you, OP. That's part of the whole process here- finding out what is helpful for each individual.
  • court_alacarte
    court_alacarte Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    i was at my lowest weight eating one meal a day, and my mom is at her lowest weight eating 6 times a day. i would rather eat big meals than to eat small throughout the day because, more often than not, i'm still hungry after the snack.

and then there went 200 calories i could have used at dinner... :'(
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I would kill someone if I had to eat small meals and snacks throughout the day.
    I eat two meals between 6:00 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.

Eat whenever you like. <3