Intermittent fasting

Options

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I just started doing this, except I still drink coffee with cream and sugar. I thought I was going to be dying of starvation but it's not bad. I just thought it would be an easy way to cut calories and eat more for lunch and dinner.

Awesome weight loss, you look great!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Good job, OP. I cannot do IF because I am T2Dm and fasting makes my blood sugar go up (need to eat several meals spread out over the day) but you make a good case for those who can do it.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    What's your IF schedule?

Also, what is your bf% in the after photo?

Where did your belly go?
  • Jarlax
    Jarlax Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've just started 16:8 IF today.
    Did you do any diets at same time like LCHF or did you just eat what you liked (within reason ie calories)
  • atmmassage
    atmmassage Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What is the purpose of IF?
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love IF. There are those out there that don't get it and tell me I'm eating wrong but I feel amazing! I've been practicing IF since August 2016 and would love some fellow IF friends, feel free to friend request me!
  • Hannah_W90
    Hannah_W90 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    well I started Tuesday night - had my last meal at 6pm then went 23 hours fasting. Wednesday night I ate about 1300 calories high protein, fat and fibre and low carbs (sort of keto). Today I shortened my fast to 18 hours and again followed the same sort of plan. I could not stop peeing and I woke up 4lbs lighter this morning than I was on Tuesday. I realise that might be a lot of water retention but time will tell.... I feel positive about this - its definitely manageable. I'm going to stick with eating between 12pm and 6pm, then fast and only drink water or tea.
    Im wondering what other people do and what results have you had?
  • Hannah_W90
    Hannah_W90 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    sbantonio wrote: »
    k0iix2ybdwua.png
    Picture on left taken 2013. The one on the right 2015.... before the skin art. Lol

how to you manage long term - looks like you lost all that weight over 2 years... do you keep it off easily? have you gone back to a normal diet or changed anything since this time?
  • cowgoo
    cowgoo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I eat my meals between 10:30AM and 7:30PM. It has decreased the urge to late night snack
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hannah_W90 wrote: »
    well I started Tuesday night - had my last meal at 6pm then went 23 hours fasting. Wednesday night I ate about 1300 calories high protein, fat and fibre and low carbs (sort of keto). Today I shortened my fast to 18 hours and again followed the same sort of plan. I could not stop peeing and I woke up 4lbs lighter this morning than I was on Tuesday. I realise that might be a lot of water retention but time will tell.... I feel positive about this - its definitely manageable. I'm going to stick with eating between 12pm and 6pm, then fast and only drink water or tea.
    Im wondering what other people do and what results have you had?

There's really no "might be" about it. If you're peeing a lot, you *are* dropping mostly water weight. Plus fat loss doesn't occur either that quickly or that dramatically in 2 days. ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!