Quotes to Live By

Options
13»

Replies

• Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I just borrowed one of yours!
  • fouchou09
    fouchou09 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    "This, too, shall pass" - anon

I love this quote because I think it works two ways - first, if times are tough, things will get better, but also, a reminder to enjoy the good times, because they won't last forever.
  • pkpzp228
    pkpzp228 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    in my signature...
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
    — Hunter S. Thompson

"We are all alone, born alone, die alone, and -- in spite of True Romance magazines -- we shall all someday look back on our lives and see that, in spite of our company, we were alone the whole way. I do not say lonely -- at least, not all the time -- but essentially, and finally, alone. This is what makes your self-respect so important, and I don't see how you can respect yourself if you must look in the hearts and minds of others for your happiness."
    — Hunter S. Thompson (The Proud Highway: Saga of a Desperate Southern Gentleman 1955-67)

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."
    — Hunter S. Thompson
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    "Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."
    Sir Winston Churchill,
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    Options
    In judging others a man labors to no purpose, commonly errs, and easily sins, but in examining himself, he is always wisely and usefully employed.

Thomas A Kempis
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    To be is to do.
    To do is to be.
    So do be do be do.
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    My all time favorite:

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." ~Ben Franklin :drinker:
  • gdortiz
    gdortiz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My all time favorite:

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." ~Ben Franklin :drinker:

better than this one!

“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.”

- Frank Sinatra
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    "Pain is just weakness leaving the body.'
    USMC
  • ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    Options
    "transformation is not a future event. It is a present activity" -jillian michaels, cheesy I know, but I like it nonetheless

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." -anon
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    bump.jpg
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mandeiko
    Options
    2817.gif
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    get your mind right then your body will follow..
    --my husband
  • moonflower09
    moonflower09 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My daughter just sent me one but i cant find it. It went something like this.....Dieting is hard, exercise is hard, being fat is hard...pick your hard.
  • mandeiko
    Options
    Bringing it back. :drinker:
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."
    Have heard it attributed to Plato. Didn't start living it until my first giant beatdown by life.

Also love the proverb "Fall down seven times, get up eight."