Running Shoes... What do you prefer?

Options

Replies

• kbizzleoo
    kbizzleoo Posts: 114
    Options
    I am so scared that I'm going to want these Nike Livestrong Air Pegasus shoes. BUT I just found out when searching for them that they are an older model no longer sold by the actual Nike store ...MEANING that the store I tried them on at will probably not be ordering more and so they may sell out of my size by the time I feel like I can buy new shoes. which could make my decision making process so much easier.

But the reason that I'm scared is because I feel like I SHOULD go with Asics because I have feet problems. but the Nike ones today really felt good....but what if I only thought they felt good in the moment because I loved them so much? Ahhh.. well I'll just have to try them on and see when the time comes before I make any decisions.

I hate wearing ugly shoes too. makes me feel ...awkward...like I'm constantly trying to hide my feet.
  • jmore85
    jmore85 Posts: 36
    Options
    Really? you care about what they look like??? they are for running, do you wear designer running shorts too? Comfort is key, what ever works for you. but if you care about looks over comfort, have fun with that.

Yes. if i'm going to pay 100 dollars for a pair of friggin shoes, they better do more than feel comfortable.

These shoes do both. looks and comfort.

You are paying 100 dollars for shoes that will reduce the damage you can do to your body when you run, that should always be your primary concern, making sure they are right for your feet, it's imperative, otherwise you have truly wasted the 100 dollars

I wear ugly reeboks,
  • kbizzleoo
    Options
    [/quote]

You are paying 100 dollars for shoes that will reduce the damage you can do to your body when you run, that should always be your primary concern, making sure they are right for your feet, it's imperative, otherwise you have truly wasted the 100 dollars
    [/quote]

But if you can have both then it's not an issue. He obviously is looking for comfort and looks....which is like...a normal thing to do.
  • Humphrizzle
    Humphrizzle Posts: 60 Member
    Options

those are nice!

never heard of that brand... Thanks!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options

I was so interested in those, but they're too narrow for my wide feet :(
  • kbizzleoo
    Options
    Woops...that top part was supposed to be a quote from someone else.
  • jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    yeah, having fat feet sucks. but who knows, maybe they have something out there...???
  • thenewkarisa
    thenewkarisa Posts: 207
    Options
    Geez, people... If someone wants to look good, let them do it... If I lost a bunch of weight and was excited about buying new clothes and shoes, hell yeah I'd like to find something that looked good too! LET HIM CELEBRATE IT, he only asked for good running shoes.... be a pretend doctor to your kids, not to your peers
  • Humphrizzle
    Options
    Geez, people... If someone wants to look good, let them do it... If I lost a bunch of weight and was excited about buying new clothes and shoes, hell yeah I'd like to find something that looked good too! LET HIM CELEBRATE IT, he only asked for good running shoes.... be a pretend doctor to your kids, not to your peers

wish i could "like" this commentt
  • pyroxian
    pyroxian Posts: 99
    Options

I have and love these (in red & black), but it's important to note that they are NOT a traditional running shoe - they have virtually zero arch support, but also have a zero "drop" from heel to toe. Much like running barefoot but with a thin layer of rubber to protect you from sharp "stuff". They facilitated my shift from being a VERY hard heel-strike runner into landing on my forefoot with barely any heel contact - which totally eliminated my chronic knee, hip, and back pain from running. Unfortunately they also contributed to an achilles injury (bursitis, so nothing serious) from which I'm currently recovering. I suspect it's just that I didn't give myself a gentle enough transition into the new running style, and am confident that with my physical therapist's guidance I'll be back to running in them in no time.
    IE - they're awesome if they fit your feet, and if you are aiming to transition to a minimalist/barefoot type of shoe, but you need to be very cautious about your switch to running in them.
  • alex4t
    alex4t Posts: 1
    Options
    I am using Vibram five fingers trek shoes at the moment, not so much for running, but more for summer trekking and light hiking.

once you get used to them they are the most comfortable shoe I have worn. might be worth a look
  • Humphrizzle
    Options
    I really wanted the vibram five fingers, I will most likely get a pair of those next month or so when i go camping.
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I just got a new pair of shoes because my nike free pair was giving me shin splints (eff you, over-protonation!). I'm now in Brooks Trance 10. They are pretty wide, for people looking for that (although I don't need wide, but it will be nice to stretch my toes out). But I can't say how they've worked out since I got them yesterday : /
  • daddyratty
    daddyratty Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Since you've asked, you really should get to a specialized running store and have them analyze your gait and stride to make sure the shoes you're getting match the needs of your feet and posture. Most good running stores (Fleet Feet is one if you happen to have one nearby) will do this analysis for free.
  • JasmineSelena
    JasmineSelena Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Nike Free Runs. They're amaaaaazing.
  • irongirl73
    irongirl73 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You really need to go to a running store with a pair of old shoes so they can see how you hit the ground when you walk. They will look at your gait too and find the shoe that will work best for you! I wear Asics 3000 series.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I really wanted the vibram five fingers, I will most likely get a pair of those next month or so when i go camping.

So you've changed your mind about looking good then? :wink:
  • Humphrizzle
    Options
    Since you've asked, you really should get to a specialized running store and have them analyze your gait and stride to make sure the shoes you're getting match the needs of your feet and posture. Most good running stores (Fleet Feet is one if you happen to have one nearby) will do this analysis for free.

i did not ask if i should go to a running shoe store. i asked the community in what shoes they prefer to run.