Military Drill Sergeant Style Motivation

Options
I'm looking for some no BS, no excuses, tough-love style motivation. Someone who will yell, "put down the cookie, fatty!" Or, "Have you exercised? No, well then get on it. Now!..." Anyone else?

Replies

• SoulRadiation
    SoulRadiation Posts: 1,060 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Have you exercised today!?

the-story-behind-gunnery-sergeant-hartman_s-speech-from-full-metal-jacket4.jpg

I'm actually not at all like that...there are some boot-camp style programs in my area that I know are awesome, but I think they would make me cry or vomit tbh...

I'm more of a supportive nagger...like, if you post on your wall that you want to fix your mountain bike I'll probably ask you every Monday if you fixed it yet until you ask me to stop...lol
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,490 Member
    Options
    This is where I think discipline comes from- belief in your program. Incrementalism works. It works in exercise and fitness. It works in weight loss.

But few people want to put in the time. Sustainable weight loss usually takes 1 or 2 weeks for every pound we want to lose. Yeah, sure, everybody wants to be the exception. Calculate a calorie deficit and find some exercise you can tolerate. If you've done it right, it will work. It's the laws of physics. Adjust as needed.

Post again when you want to quit. I'll yell at you then. Or any time you want to start a post with "I only lost...."
  • slavetothehoof
    slavetothehoof Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I could do with people nagging or shouting at me
  • cmdipa97
    cmdipa97 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm good with being supportive for others in that way, as long as they were willing to do the same for me!
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    Im watching some old seasons of the biggest loser right now and it makes me laugh because I literally would be so sassy if they started screaming at me like that. I couldnt handle it. But different things work for different people, Im happy to be your friend on MFP and support you!