butt exercises

Options
2»

Replies

• baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts. My butt is still crying after I upped my weight last time.
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Yes, add weight to your lunges, squats and all. Makes a huge difference. If you don't feel it go heavier. I like the kettlebells too. Great workout!
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    walking/twisting lunges with a 6lb or heavier medicine ball.
    do about 10 sets (wall to wall)
    the next day you will be holding your *kitten* and crying.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    walk , run, sprint, over and over until you are done.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Get on your hands and knees, flex the glutes as you push back towards your heels, and tighten your core as you do it. Start off slow, then work up a rhythm. If it helps, you could have a partner straddle behind you with their hands on your waist to make sure that you're tightening everything correctly.

Alternatively, you can also add extra resistance if you went into a downward dog position. Gets the hamstrings a bit too.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Hip raises (lie on back, legs bent & raise your hips while squeezing your glutes.

Hip raises with 1 leg raised .... same as above only raise 1 foot off the ground (increases resistance on one side) ... either hold leg straight or you could bicycle.

Penny in your pocket - kind of a lunge. Feet apart - reach the floor with 1 hand (pick up an imaginary penny) come back up & touch your waist.
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Get on your hands and knees, flex the glutes as you push back towards your heels, and tighten your core as you do it. Start off slow, then work up a rhythm. If it helps, you could have a partner straddle behind you with their hands on your waist to make sure that you're tightening everything correctly.

Alternatively, you can also add extra resistance if you went into a downward dog position. Gets the hamstrings a bit too.

LMAO!!!! I freakin' love it!
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I want to lose my butt and not gain muscle yet....how do I do that?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

are we still talking exercise here?! I got off topic when I started reading this.....
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I want to lose my butt and not gain muscle yet....how do I do that?

No way to spot reduce. (I wish!) All you can do is lose weight &/or tone up. Warning - everyone is different. I lose weight on top first ...... then finally I start to lose weight on the bottom. I can never seem to lose enough weight on the bottom .... I'm your typical pear.
  • anubis609
    Options

are we still talking exercise here?! I got off topic when I started reading this.....

Of course we are. Partnered resistance exercises are a great way to work specific muscle groups. Like getting into a low squat. Have your partner positioned either behind or in front, whichever is more comfortable, and have them keep you balanced as you slowly move from a raised squat into a lowered one. Just make sure the knees don't track out over the toes. You never wanna hyper-flex or hyper-extend joints.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

Of course we are. Partnered resistance exercises are a great way to work specific muscle groups. Like getting into a low squat. Have your partner positioned either behind or in front, whichever is more comfortable, and have them keep you balanced as you slowly move from a raised squat into a lowered one. Just make sure the knees don't track out over the toes. You never wanna hyper-flex or hyper-extend joints.

Ok I was just checking lol These do sound interesting..I'm sure my husband would be interested in trying them as well :wink: Thanks for the ideas!
  • anubis609
    Options

Ok I was just checking lol These do sound interesting..I'm sure my husband would be interested in trying them as well :wink: Thanks for the ideas!

Anytime. Though, I don't know if MFP has tantric exercises logged as a workout, but you could create them as strength training or wear your HRM to count them as cardio if you burn up a good sweat from the movements. :happy:
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Bump!! Maybe I'll get a butt with some of these! Thats one place I've severly lacking and never gain!! It makes it very difficult to buy pants!! Thanks for the tips :)
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

Anytime. Though, I don't know if MFP has tantric exercises logged as a workout, but you could create them as strength training or wear your HRM to count them as cardio if you burn up a good sweat from the movements. :happy:

LMAO!! We'll see what we can come up with....
  • cnada
    cnada Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Kettlebell swings!!!!!
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Options
    You need to learn proper squat technique if you cannot feel it in your glutes.
    http://stronglifts.com/how-to-squat-with-proper-technique-fix-common-problems/

My guess is that you are not sitting back far enough to engage your glutes and hamstrings so your quads are doing all the work. Also you need to increase the weight. No weight that you can lift for 25 reps is going to build any muscle.
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Dumbbell lunges get me every time.

Do a relatively light weight warm up, then pick up dumbbells heavy enough that you can only do somewhere around 8 reps at a time. If you can only do ~5 then decrease the weight, if you can do 12 or more, increase it.

^^ I do these after running and I definitely feel it the next day. Running on an incline is great for your butt too!
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Dumbbell lunges get me every time.

Do a relatively light weight warm up, then pick up dumbbells heavy enough that you can only do somewhere around 8 reps at a time. If you can only do ~5 then decrease the weight, if you can do 12 or more, increase it.

^^ I do these after running and I definitely feel it the next day. Running on an incline is great for your butt too!

The dirty dog has helped me too .. google it. It may be a little confusing without someone explaining it to you but it's really simple and uses your core, hips and glutes.
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    bump, wanted to keep this up in my topics