"Bread" Replacement Ideas?

Options

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Cloud Bread, made from egg-whites and cream cheese. 0-carb, tastes just like bread. Look it up.

OP was looking to save calories.....cream cheese isn't going to help her accomplish that.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Cloud Bread, made from egg-whites and cream cheese. 0-carb, tastes just like bread. Look it up.

OP was looking to save calories.....cream cheese isn't going to help her accomplish that.

Actually I looked up the nutrition facts last week and per slice it's pretty good calorie wise. Definitely less than a slice of bread.
  • MrsSpitser
    MrsSpitser Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Ideas maybe, low carb tortilla wraps (the ones I get a 80 cals, 13 carbs, 10 grams of fiber, 3 protein),

You can use lettuce and fill up with more "filler"

Also there is Double Fiber bread by Nature Valley but it does not agree with me at all.

I use White/wheat for 110 calories and good on protein and fiber as well.

What brand of low carb tortilla wraps do you get and where do you purchase them?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    MrsSpitser wrote: »
    Ideas maybe, low carb tortilla wraps (the ones I get a 80 cals, 13 carbs, 10 grams of fiber, 3 protein),

Also there is Double Fiber bread by Nature Valley but it does not agree with me at all.

What brand of low carb tortilla wraps do you get and where do you purchase them?

La tortilla factory
    Tumaro's
    Flatout

There are more... Typically under the deli counter, or on some random shelves in the stores (one store has them next to the refrigerated dairy section, another next to the packaged hummus section), sometimes in the packaged bread section... it really depends on the store, you might have to look everywhere.
  • Jamie23049
    Jamie23049 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I need help with this. I am crazy for bread I eat maybe 6 slices of the stuff a day which is 600 calories a day alone :(
  • MrsSpitser
    MrsSpitser Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    MrsSpitser wrote: »

La tortilla factory
    Tumaro's
    Flatout

There are more... Typically under the deli counter, or on some random shelves in the stores (one store has them next to the refrigerated dairy section, another next to the packaged hummus section), sometimes in the packaged bread section... it really depends on the store, you might have to look everywhere.

Thank you! I will look at Kroger to start. That store is closest to me and the only good grocery store in my town. :)
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Nature's Own Double Fiber Bread. 50 calories per slice. I also like kale or lettuce wraps
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I also have been using a 35 cal half of a Joseph's Pita for my pulled pork sandwiches lately. I found it at Wal-Mart.
  • jazzy1lisa
    jazzy1lisa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Lettuce, mushrooms, cauliflower patties can be used as buns also I'm actually about to try that as a pizza crust!
  • Foxtea
    Foxtea Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, when I cook I like to use buckwheat over regular flour, it's not a grain but a seed grounded up. Buckwheat is also packed with protein and will make you fuller for longer. I've always wanted to try make buckwheat bread. I think it's lower in cals too? If you're interested I suggest you do more research, so far I found it very helpful. GL!!
  • rjl1208
    rjl1208 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have used bell peppers, romaine hearts or iceberg lettuce. Also I discovered this week that if you cut a sweet potato into thin slices lengthwise, you can pop them in the toaster! Topped that with salsa and a fried egg this morning
  • bettycooker
    bettycooker Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Cloud bread!
  • bluedevil_61
    bluedevil_61 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    n9kli6upzfbg.png
    Flat out also makes a light version. very good too!
  • lk031
    lk031 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I make "open faced" sandwiches with an English muffin, splitting all my ingredients over the two halves. You could do open faced on toast or just one piece of bread instead of two.
  • LexytheNerd
    LexytheNerd Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Try making cloud bread. It's 3 ingredients and simple to make. http://www.food.com/recipe/carb-free-cloud-bread-411501
  • nomorewombat
    nomorewombat Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Smoked salmon as a wrap
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Flatbread, pitas, tortillas, lettuce wraps.
  • kyubeans
    kyubeans Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I just tried Tumaro's multi-grain wrap and it was great!! Cutting bread out hasn't been terrible, but having a tortilla to wrap around things makes life so much easier sometimes.
  • nightkit6
    nightkit6 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Aunt Millies has a few different breads that are only 35 calories a slice,I buy the whole grain.