Diary review

Options
Fataf99
Fataf99 Posts: 112 Member
edited June 2017 in Food and Nutrition
Hi,

I there any experts who can give my diet a review. All food has been logged.

Whisky and crap on a sat only usually and fitbit tracking runs, hill walks (sat balance the crap) and weights.

Can you see the fitbit data?

Im still not loosing & taking creatine.

Ive took my bf measurement for first time today.

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't open.

I thought this thread was about ice cream and yogurt favourites ;)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Your diary is not open.
  • Fataf99
    Options
    it should be open now. ive recently changed to a diet plan but nothing lol
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Are you weighing and logging everything you eat? Double checking database entries? Hitting calorie goal? Set calorie goal to weight loss? Not forgetting anything when you log? No cheat days? No eating back 100% of exercise calories?
    How long have you been doing what you are doing? How often do you weigh yourself? Do you weigh yourself consistently (same scales, place, time, clothes)?

Your diary isn't open. Go to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings set to "public".
  • Fataf99
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Are you weighing and logging everything you eat? Double checking database entries? Hitting calorie goal? Set calorie goal to weight loss? Not forgetting anything when you log? No cheat days? No eating back 100% of exercise calories?
    How long have you been doing what you are doing? How often do you weigh yourself? Do you weigh yourself consistently (same scales, place, time, clothes)?

Your diary isn't open. Go to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings set to "public".

i log everything to the gram and use a hr monitor, ivr lost about 5 stone over the years so im not a beginner ( without sounding rude)

ive never done this much training b4 in my life imho

I weigh myself every morning if im at home cant help it..
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    MacLean12 wrote: »

i log everything to the gram and use a hr monitor, ivr lost about 5 stone over the years so im not a beginner ( without sounding rude)

I see some things measured in scoops, fillets, cups, container, or by the piece (1 tortilla). Are these items also being weighed and you're just choosing a different unit of measure?
  • Fataf99
    edited June 2017
    Options

I see some things measured in scoops, fillets, cups, container, or by the piece (1 tortilla). Are these items also being weighed and you're just choosing a different unit of measure?

scanned packet, cals are exact.

the scoops are the ones that come with the protien powder they are to weight
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    My chicken breasts are never the same weight let alone spot on 200g or 400g.

You are not logging accurately.

Your burns also seem over inflated.
  • janejellyroll
    Options

Packets of food can legally have a variance between what is in the package and what is listed (at least in the US, where I am). I've seen significant differences for packaged foods, differences that would have escaped me if I was just scanning instead of weighing.

When you say the scoop that comes with the protein powder, do you mean you are weighing out the portion to match the size of "1 scoop" that is listed on the label? I have also found big variance between what I can scoop out and what the weighed portion actually is.
  • Fataf99
    edited June 2017
    Options

the packet is 200g cooked chicken. its exact

i agree on the over burn with cals but i walk 5 miles a day at work and run 3.5 tues and thurs on top.

hill walk on a sat is 1 or 2 bens thats over 3000ft a peice
  • Fataf99
    Options
    food weights are not the problem

no where near it, i log 100% accurate
  • Fataf99
    edited June 2017
    Options

Packets of food can legally have a variance between what is in the package and what is listed (at least in the US, where I am). I've seen significant differences for packaged foods, differences that would have escaped me if I was just scanning instead of weighing.

When you say the scoop that comes with the protein powder, do you mean you are weighing out the portion to match the size of "1 scoop" that is listed on the label? I have also found big variance between what I can scoop out and what the weighed portion actually is.

they supply a 25g scoop leveled its 25g. ie 1 scoop

i use 2 per shake so about 45ish g protien
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options

the packet is 200g cooked chicken. its exact

i agree on the over burn with cals but i walk 5 miles a day at work and run 3.5 tues and thurs on top.

hill walk on a sat is 1 or 2 bens thats over 3000ft a peice

Packets are far from exact, they are the minimum weight in the packet.
  • Fataf99
    edited June 2017
    Options
    10 or 20g out on chicken raw or cooked is about 30 calories its not an issue

• janejellyroll
    Options

I'm sorry for asking again, but just to be clear: you're weighing the contents to 25 grams and then just logging it as a scoop? Because a scoop isn't for weight, it's for volume?

When I have personally tested the contents of a scoop versus the "same amount" (that is, what I would expect from the scoop) weighed out, the scoop always gives me more. If I went by the scoop, I would be consuming more calories than I thought it was. If you eat products like this daily (and it looks like you do), that could be enough to cause an issue for you.
  • janejellyroll
    Options

If you already know it isn't the problem isn't, what do you think people here will be able to help you with?
  • Fataf99
    Options

I'm sorry for asking again, but just to be clear: you're weighing the contents to 25 grams and then just logging it as a scoop? Because a scoop isn't for weight, it's for volume?

When I have personally tested the contents of a scoop versus the "same amount" (that is, what I would expect from the scoop) weighed out, the scoop always gives me more. If I went by the scoop, I would be consuming more calories than I thought it was. If you eat products like this daily (and it looks like you do), that could be enough to cause an issue for you.

one scoop weighs 25g
  • Fataf99
    edited June 2017
    Options

If you already know it isn't the problem isn't, what do you think people here will be able to help you with?

Thats why I asked for an expert. My logging is perfect its not the issue.

I should be loosing. I lost weight when I didnt exercise and ate 1800 a day.

If i stopped working out and ate 1800 guarantee it would fall off
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Today your tortilla and sauce entries claim to have 0 sodium. That's not true. Use or create a more perfectly accurate database entry.

Your comments above about scoops of protein powder indicate that you've never actually weighed the contents of a scoop. Start weighing your protein and both use and log the exact grams associated with a serving as described by the "nutrition facts" on the tub. That is the most direct path to achieving accuracy in logging.
  • Fataf99
    Options
    Today your tortilla and sauce entries claim to have 0 sodium. That's not true. Use or create a more perfectly accurate database entry.

Your comments above about scoops of protein powder indicate that you've never actually weighed the contents of a scoop. Start weighing your protein and both use and log the exact grams associated with a serving as described by the "nutrition facts" on the tub. That is the most direct path to achieving accuracy in logging.

are you trolling?