Ideal Macros For Weight Loss??

I know calorie and macro goals are specific to the individual, but I am curious if there is a general goal that those trying to lose weight should be hitting? When I first started I had my carbs lower and my fat and protein higher because that is what I had heard was good for weight loss, but eating that much protein just made me feel nauseous. Now I just try for a nice balance of the three. Opinions? :smile:
Also, are you more concerned about having a calorie deficit or hitting your macro goals?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,336 Member
    It's all about calorie deficit for weight loss.

I've always used the default. 50/30/20. I make sure to hit the protein and fat, don't care about the carbs.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Weight loss is all about the calories. But I do make sure I get in enough protein and fat.
  • dancefit2015
    dancefit2015 Posts: 236 Member
    Oh okay thank you! What do you consider enough protein and fat?
  • GTalley
    GTalley Posts: 2 Member
    according to ketogenic diet protein should be moderate as excess protein in the body is turned into glucose and if not used, stored as fat. try google and search ketogenic macro calculater for individual macros
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    GTalley wrote: »
    according to ketogenic diet protein should be moderate as excess protein in the body is turned into glucose and if not used, stored as fat. try google and search ketogenic macro calculater for individual macros

No where did the OP say they wanted a ketogenic diet.

Overall calories determine weight loss. Macros matter for satiety and are an individual preference.
  • sosteach
    sosteach Posts: 260 Member
    I leave my macros set at the default but I almost always need more protein to feel full and I never get even close. Honestly the thing I am concerned with is how many calories I eat because that is what affects weight.