Keto Friends?

Options
I'm about 7 weeks into my Keto-Weight Loss regime, and things are going well. 25# off so far. Looking for other Keto friends to share successes and failures, ideas and observations. And most of all, Motivations.

Replies

• heidihobug24
    heidihobug24 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Is keto the same as keytones? If so id love to chat and be as much suport as i can.
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm a week in, but I've done it before. NO cheat days this time! Makes it too hard to go back on track!
  • ISparkyI
    ISparkyI Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yeah mate you can add me, I am around 4 - 5 weeks into it and am having some great results. Add me if you wish and anyone else for that matter.
  • dlaizure
    dlaizure Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    2 1/2 weeks in and down 8 pounds. For a menopausal, fairly sedentary women, I am pleased. I think I've gotten past the cravings for sugar everyday. I found DietDoctor.com the best are far as motivation. And my nightly sugar-free jello (that no keto guru recommends) is just the nightcap I need to keep going.
  • ck2d
    ck2d Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I started doing keto the beginning of May. I've lost about 13 pounds, which I'm a little disappointed by, but this is a long term lifestyle, so I'm trying not to pay that much attention to the scale. I've also just been approved to start exercising again (I have tendinitis in my Achilles tendon) and seeing the rapid improvement in my general fitness is giving me a lift.
    That said, even though I'm a bit disappointed that I'm not losing weight faster, I can't see going back to how I used to eat before.
  • BewitchedTabatha
    BewitchedTabatha Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'm about a week in and a few down.
    Hoping to ind a place to share some tips and recipes!
  • DawnLinklater
    DawnLinklater Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I'm on about day 5 or so. I will add you all and hope your diaries are public so I can see what you're eating - I need ideas, lol!!
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want too. I'm doing keto. Just over 5 weeks & I'm down 37 pound in that amount of time.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to everyone! I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily group forum here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Successfully eliminated 167 pounds following this WOE. Currently in maintenance. My favorite Keto saying: "Keep calm and Keto on!"
    Is keto the same as keytones? If so id love to chat and be as much suport as i can.

@heidihobug24 "Keto" is short for a couple of different terms: (Nutritional) Ketosis and it can also mean Ketogenic (Diet). Keto with respect to those two terms are not the same thing as Keytones. Keytones are what your body produces as alternative fuel source to properly nourish your organs, etc. when you limit carbs.
  • heidihobug24
    heidihobug24 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for clarification.i apriciate.
  • ddiva52
    ddiva52 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would like to join started 3 days 55 years old dealing with hormones. Low impact exercise and weight training
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for clarification.i apriciate.

@heidihobug24 ...no problem. You're welcome. <3

@ddiva52 ...sure thing, just click on the link provided above, then click on join group. One of the moderators for the group will approve you and viola you're in! :)
  • IloveGOB
    IloveGOB Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Looking for keto buddies! I'm in my second full week, and I've lost about 8lbs so far! I love the results, and I'm hoping to reach my goal weight sooner, rather than later! Feel free to add me!
  • gingersnap_1938
    gingersnap_1938 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm starting on Monday (gotta get through an indulgent bachelorette party this weekend first)! Would love friends for motivation!
  • lydiaonsi
    lydiaonsi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need advice/ help please!! It's been 3 weeks for me doing Keto and IF and I'm doing everything right as I'm following all the tips of dr. Berg ( on YouTube) but i'm so disappointed as the scale is barely moving I lost only 4 lb so far and almost no inches and i need to lose more than 40lb still! I'm so in love with the keto lifestyle but i get disappointed when i hear that usually higher numbers drop on the scale for everyone except for me!! Did anyone experience something like that before?! Thanks