Average weight for 5'4

2»

Replies

• Lipsmahoney
    Lipsmahoney Posts: 512 Member
    47 and 173 lbs size 6-8. a year ago I was 270 and size 26.
    Weight and size are so subjective and dependant on body type/shape and composition.
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    I think you should get to a weight you're happy with... My BMI should be between 101lbs and 136lbs BUT I can't see that I'd look healthy at the lowest.... I'm going to keep going until I'm finally happy with what I see in the mirror :)
  • DietVanillaCoke
    DietVanillaCoke Posts: 259 Member
    Just set a few goals and stop when you're happy. I've made my goals every 10lbs I lose, i celebrate. I was happy at 155lbs 5'3, but i had an active lifestyle and I had a lot of muscle on me. If I showed you a picture of me, you wouldn't believe that I had weighed 155, but it was all to do with BF% and I had some sexy muscly legs back then. That's my goal now, though I will never be that fit again, I'd just like to see what I'd look like 6 years later and after having been morbdily obese >.< I imagine my body has changed a lot and I will probably end up being happy around 140. Who knows though =)
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    edited June 2017
    I'm 5'4 SW180 CW135 GW130 or maybe less :| I have a small frame and still have 5-10 lbs on my abdomen, I'm size 6-4 but only because I have narrow hips, my shoulders are wider...
  • chokhas
    chokhas Posts: 33 Member
    I am 5.37 and at 111 pound but I am'quiet a small frame
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    I am 5ft4 and I stay between 118lbs-122lbs summer weight and 120lbs-125lbs winter weight.

Posters writing your dress size, it means nothing without the country you are in. A US 6 is very different to a UK 6.
  • chokhas
    chokhas Posts: 33 Member

Posters writing your dress size, it means nothing without the country you are in. A US 6 is very different to a UK 6.
    yes that true. I can fit xl in China while in Thailand I cant fit into xl :s would need an xxl European or us is usually as s or xs.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Body composition makes a difference with weight/size. I'm 5'3 and have weighed 123-190lbs.

Before heavy lifting...at 137, I was wearing a size 8. Lifting heavy now...at 137, I wear a size 4.

Just something to consider...
  • Jhillian
    Jhillian Posts: 185 Member
    I am 5ft 3 3/4 my lowest weight before having 3 kids when I was 19 was 132. I always felt comfortable at that weight. My heaviest was 163 . Currently 154 and shooting for 128 and see how I feel at that weight. I have big boobs and baby making hips. Haha
  • jes_shannon
    jes_shannon Posts: 1 Member
    I'm between 5'4 and 5'5 (depending on who measures me). I'm usually in the 137-142 range and I'm a medium build. My mom is the same height as me and a small build and she's always around 115-120... weight is weird and unfair lol.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    I'm 5 ft 3, 135lb and UK size 10-12. I feel much better about how I look now than when I was 20lbs heavier but I still have more to go. I feel like I now like how I look with clothes on and just want to work on clothes off :D But I don't really know at what weight I will be when that happens. At small heights every pound makes a difference so it's hard to estimate.
  • apwendell
    apwendell Posts: 9 Member
    edited June 2017
    mamadon wrote: »
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    I think it depends on how old you are and also other stuff like if you have skinny legs and boobs and how you are built. I have bigger boobs and no skinny legs. I weighed 208 and now stay in 160s and that is fine. I am 64. Weight watchers wants me 145 so I think you have to figure out what is right for you. If I am 15 lbs more and can eat some I am ok

I agree. I'm 55. When I was in my late teens and early twenties I was around 115-120. I would have been horrified to weigh 150. Then in my thirties, I gained every year until I was around 268 pounds for many years. Now I am perfectly content to be 5'4 and 150 pounds.

I'm 53, 5'4 and weigh 178 down from 210lbs. But my weight is evenly distributed so it really doesn't appear I'm that heavy. But I like my size cause I'm curvy (small waist, big booty) so for me 145 is drastic I'd be a size 9/10 and I'm not interested. I've maintained the same weight working out and not over doing it with the eating. My doc wants me to lose more weight but I am comfortable where I'm at. But now I have my cholesterol and BP to monitor so perhaps some weight will come off with further diet changes...IDK but I'm good. My goal would be no lower than 170. I don't want to be thin. I'm a size 14 (US) and I really like it..
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    As others have said, weight varies a lot based on body composition, so it may not be the ideal metric to focus on.
    I'm a smidge taller, but for 5' 4" I'd say a UK size 10/US size 6 would be a pretty healthy size to target.

(I'm 36, 5' 5"ish, and have clothes in everything from a US 2 and US XS up to UK 14, because women's sizing is *kitten* crazy. But I currently average out at a UK 8-10, or US 4-6. I weigh about 61kg. I lift.)
  • Sugar_Tulip
    Sugar_Tulip Posts: 7 Member
    Following