Why I Can't Lose Weight?

i've been on my diet for 2 month, i eat healthy,all i eat is oats,fruits,protein like eggs,meats, all healthy meal,i'm doing exercise too, but i don't see any change in my body and my weight,someone can give me advice?

Replies

• lovelifehealth
    lovelifehealth Posts: 71 Member
    Try switching up your macro percentages (Fats, Proteins, Carbs). A lot of people have success on a low carb diet - ie under 100g of Carbs. Some have had success being off grains, dairy, and/or sugar. Lots of things can affect weight loss. The main thing is to keep with healthy habits and try different things until you find what works for your body. Also make sure you're getting plenty of rest and water. Good luck!
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    What dietvanillacoke said. Are you logging, and are you being as accurate as possible?
  • wcgenius
    wcgenius Posts: 12 Member
    Healthy foods are great but, you can still max out on calories eating 'healthy'. Also, fruit is great but, sugar is sugar no matter where it comes from. You need to track and track accurately - I've had many a mini heart attack when logging food 'How many calories..?' Also - eyeballing food is no good - weighing food is the only way tbh. Good luck :smile:
  • Dvdgzz
    Dvdgzz Posts: 437 Member
    wcgenius wrote: »
    sugar is sugar no matter where it comes from.

What do you mean by that?
  • Dvdgzz
    Dvdgzz Posts: 437 Member
    Dvdgzz wrote: »
    wcgenius wrote: »
    sugar is sugar no matter where it comes from.

What do you mean by that?

I would guess they mean that all sugar whether free or added is treated the same way by the human body.

And they'd be right.

Why is it relevant to the topic? The OP is getting too many calories. Sugar isn't going to hinder him if he is in a deficit, so not sure why he mentioned it.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    i've been on my diet for 2 month, i eat healthy,all i eat is oats,fruits,protein like eggs,meats, all healthy meal,i'm doing exercise too, but i don't see any change in my body and my weight,someone can give me advice?

Most likely is you are not eating at a deficit. Are you tracking your calories, or simply have you changed the types of foods you eat?

But some other questions. What was your weight 2 months ago? What is it now? Has it changed at all?
  • WayTooHonest
    WayTooHonest Posts: 144 Member
    Do you take other measurements than just weight? You may be losing inches. Get a tape measure and a body fat caliper and measure allthethings. I went through a period where I didn't lose a pound for almost 6 months, but I was losing inches everywhere. It helped keep me on track having more things I was measuring, because when the scale doesn't move but you lose an inch at your hips, it keeps you going.
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    grmrsan wrote: »
    I was having a similar problem, eating heslthy but scale didn't move for a month and a half. Bought a kitchen scale and realized I was eating twice as much as I thought. Now I'm at about 2 lbs a week.

I agree! It took me years to use a food scale consistently. Silly me. Oh well, I can't get that time back, but I can use it now. I've been having great success since I started using it!
  • Rayvis1014
    Rayvis1014 Posts: 36 Member
    I agree with the scale! For example, yesterday I weighed a teaspoon of butter, which I've been counting as 30 calories, and it weighed eight grams, which was 55 calories! Not a lot for one day but with multiple items this will add up over time.
  • xchocolategirl
    xchocolategirl Posts: 186 Member
    Are you using a food scale? I think you're eating more calories than you think as well. If you're truly eating at a deficit you'll lose weight.
  • natashab61
    natashab61 Posts: 103 Member
    Hi this is my two cents. Reduce fruits and replace with veggies. Fruits tend to be full of sugars and carbs. They are great in moderation. So try to replace fruits with veggies (you know the ones you'd rather not).
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I eat really healthy and exercise regularly as well...I do this in maintenance as well as a cut...it comes down to the calories coming in vs calories being expended...if I eat healthy and exercise regularly and eat a maintenance number of calories, I will maintain my weight...if I want to lose weight, I have to cut calories.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    This is the big issue with people "eating healthy". You have to weigh and measure all your food no matter what it is. It doesn't matter if it's great veggies or snickers. If you don't know how much you are eating you probably eat to much. The secret isn't that you change everything you eat or don't eat certain foods. Find out what your total calorie burn is and get in a deficit.