Home workout buddies to share ideas and help keep motivated

Replies

• mkeonem
    mkeonem Posts: 41 Member
    Went walking 30-45min 3 days last week. While the distance isn't too far I am getting better. Waiting to get cleared for more activities this week
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Treadmill and upper body weights today - have a wedding with sleeveless dress on Saturday so need some killer arms!!!
  • tobehappy2017
    tobehappy2017 Posts: 41 Member
    how much time do you all wait after having food for exercising ? I have just started walking in mornings and would love to burn some extra with the HIIT/other on fitnessblender and youtube.
  • RhiAndy11
    RhiAndy11 Posts: 72 Member
    currently on the stepper watching greys anatomy as the kids in bed :-D

I tend to wait half hour to an hour after eatong before exercising!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I do my workout videos first thing, no food, only water.
  • chaseracer2386
    chaseracer2386 Posts: 105 Member
    ellie7187 wrote: »
    That sounds good.. Really needing to get me some workout videos.. I think I could stick to 30 min a day.. What exactly is the HIIT program?

BodyBoss HIIT is a program I stumbled on because a FB friend liked their page haha. You buy the program from their website (either online version or online and print - I got the print book as well so I can easily bring it with me and do it on vacay!). It's legs and booty HIIT on Monday, "recover" on Tuesday (so I do P90X3 yoga), arms and abs HIIT on Wednesday, cardio on Thursday, and "BodyBoss" HIIT on Friday (which is an intense 15 minute workout, no resting throughout). Then, if I'm not too busy, I supplement with random P90X3 vids on the weekend.

Thank you sounds very interesting.. I'll have to give it a try
  • ellie7187
    ellie7187 Posts: 84 Member
    Finally got a good evening of workouts in!!! I've been slacking for a few days. I should note though that doing BodyBoss followed by P90X3 (right after each other) is still a bit too much for me! Ouch! Going to feel that tomorrow haha
  • KaleChipz
    KaleChipz Posts: 53 Member
    Yesterday was body beast back and biceps. I do warmup using first 10 mins of insanity warmup just to get the blood flowing a bit. Definitely feeling a bit sore this morning. Today is cardio

Ellie, I don't think I can do two workouts back to back as I am sure my form will suffer. Lol. I used to do cardio in the morning and resistance / strength in the afternoon back in the day. Now I just alternate days due to hectic schedules.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    how much time do you all wait after having food for exercising ? I have just started walking in mornings and would love to burn some extra with the HIIT/other on fitnessblender and youtube.

I workout first thing in the morning so no food.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Hump Day Workout today!

11 minutes of 10 reps/exercise as many rounds as possible for each circuit:

Russian KB Swings (35lb)
    R leg split squats
    American KB Swings (35lb)
    L leg split squats
    KB Deadlifts (50lb)

Med ball sit ups (12lb)
    Med ball Russian Twists (12lb)
    Reverse crunches (for lower abs)
    Side bends with 12lb dumbbell in each hand
    1 burpee

back squat with 18lb body bar
    good mornings with 18lb body bar
    Thrusters with 18lb body bar
    Weighted hip ridge with 18lb body bar across hips and shoulders on Bosu

Booty burner - 10 each leg
    Standing side kicks
    Kneeling leg lifts
    Donkey kicks
    Hydrants
  • ThePoeToaster
    ThePoeToaster Posts: 1,681 Member
    I can't recommend highly enough a Total Gym. NOT one of the cheap ones you can buy at Dick's Sporting Goods; one of the good ones that Chuck Norris sells. It is an amazing piece of machinery and you can do so many exercises on it. Add a treadmill or some other method of cardio and you have a complete gym...
  • mkeonem
    mkeonem Posts: 41 Member
    Doc cleared me to get back into my regular routine so last night I did some strength training:
    5min warm up on stepper
    3 x 8 Bench Press 25# band
    1 x 10 Cross-over 20# band
    3 x 10 Rows 20# band
    1 x 15 Back Flyes 20# band
    3 x 15 Squats 15# band
    2 x 10 Curls 15# band
    2 x 8 Skull-Crushers 25# band
    2 x 10 Triceps Extensions 15# band
    2 x 8 Shoulder Press 15# band
    2 x 8 Lateral Raises 15# band
    1 x 10 Up-right Rows 15# band
    3 x 8 Good-Mornings 15# band
    3 x 10 Calf Raises 15# band
    3 x 10 Crunches non-weighted
    3 x 10 Leg Lifts non-weighted

Feeling alright today, not feeling any pain other than normal muscle soreness so I am pumped about that!
  • reikochan24
    reikochan24 Posts: 22 Member
    Aloha. I'm Jessica and I live in Hawaii. I'm 28 years old and just got told by my dr that I am headed for diabetes if I don't change my diet and exercise. I can't afford gym. And i work full time. So I am looking for a good home exercise program or routine. I don't have any home equipment at the moment. But I have a trampoline. And I try to ride my bike at least once a week.
  • jglhklhgl
    jglhklhgl Posts: 41 Member
    I would love new friends! I'm currently on the second round of my home workout dvds! Add me! I need motivation peeps!
  • DancingMoosie
    I tried fitsugar kickboxing/core workout today and thought it was fun.
  • KaleChipz
    KaleChipz Posts: 53 Member
    jglhklhgl wrote: »
    I would love new friends! I'm currently on the second round of my home workout dvds! Add me! I need motivation peeps!

Which workout DVDs are you doing?
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    I have added JMs Extreme Shed & Shred in with my Kickbox Fastfix and I LOVE IT! :# Jullian NEVER disappoints.
  • DancingMoosie
    I did weeks one and two of Ripped in 30 today. Jillian has some good ones...
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    I did weeks one and two of Ripped in 30 today. Jillian has some good ones...

How does RI30 compare to 30DS?
  • DancingMoosie
    It's the same idea with some new moves. Just imagine if 30 day shred had 7 levels instead of 3...with different girls, lol