FAIR FOOD!!!

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Yussss!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I'm sorry, those Memphis Tatchos look disgusting as all get out.

(Apologies to anyone who enjoys bananas in their Tater Tots).
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Augh, sometimes i wish i didnt have so many sensitivities. Another year without Martha's cookies. :'(

If i could, i would most likely pick the chocolate pb popover lol.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,935 Member
    You have fairs already? Ours aren't until August.

*kicks rocks*

Oh. MN. Well, enjoy your week of summer. :flowerforyou:
  • janejellyroll

*kicks rocks*

The Fair doesn't begin until August 24th, people just get really excited for the new foods each year so it's always a big media reveal.

Rumors of summer are highly exaggerated. I had to wear a jacket to work this morning (it's in the 70s now though).
  • illusion2269
    illusion2269 Posts: 95 Member
    Some of those look pretty tasty, but it feels like there are less new "OMG" foods this year.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,935 Member

*kicks rocks*

The Fair doesn't begin until August 24th, people just get really excited for the new foods each year so it's always a big media reveal.

Rumors of summer are highly exaggerated. I had to wear a jacket to work this morning (it's in the 70s now though).

heh. Maybe I should click on the link.

Or not.

If I do, I'll want bacon wrapped hot dogs on a stick. :neutral:
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    some of those things look outright nasty,some look tasty our fairs are cheap and most have the same thing year after year
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Loukamades are wonderful. I get them every year at GreekFest in Milwaukee (well, those and the Baklava).
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member

*kicks rocks*

I should summer in MN...that sounds awesome. We're 105* today...supposed to hit 110* tomorrow...cold front coming in this weekend though, so we'll be in the mid 90s. I rode this morning at 5:45 and it was already 80*
  • earlnabby
    edited June 2017
    The list of new foods for the Wisconsin State Fair is not out yet but here is a reminder of the best fair food ever created:
    pheso8z0uat5.jpg

The iconic Original Cream Puff, sold at the Fair since 1924, is the most popular food item among Fairgoers – an average of 350,000 are consumed each year! It is the ultimate way to enjoy the complete deliciousness that is cream from Wisconsin Dairy Cows.

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Just give me a bucket of deep-fried Oreos and I'm good.
  • janejellyroll
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

*kicks rocks*

I should summer in MN...that sounds awesome. We're 105* today...supposed to hit 110* tomorrow...cold front coming in this weekend though, so we'll be in the mid 90s. I rode this morning at 5:45 and it was already 80*

It does make summer workouts easier (although we usually get higher heat and humidity later in the summer). I remember some August runs last year that were totally brutal.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    there is a television show out now called Carnival Eats. Its like a train wreck to me - I know I shouldnt stare, but I cant tear my eyes away.

Some (most) of the food on offer looks absolutely disgusting. Deep fried everything - literally, pick something weird and chances are its been deep fried at a fair.

And portions sizes are big enough to feed a family of 4 - I dont get it.
  • earlnabby
    cross2bear wrote: »
    there is a television show out now called Carnival Eats. Its like a train wreck to me - I know I shouldnt stare, but I cant tear my eyes away.

Some (most) of the food on offer looks absolutely disgusting. Deep fried everything - literally, pick something weird and chances are its been deep fried at a fair.

And portions sizes are big enough to feed a family of 4 - I dont get it.

That is because Fair Food IS meant to be eaten by several people. You buy something as you walk around and everyone in your group eats some of it.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    I worked too hard to get my A1C down to even have a taste of most of those things. I do love the corn on the cob at our local fair. It is laden with butter but I only have one once a year.