Need accountability and support. I've had enough!

Options
Hi All!
My name is Barb. I am 49 years old and lost 70 lbs about 3 years ago. I was so determined to keep it off because I maintained a good diet and exercise routine for 2 years. A year ago I finally ended a 30 year marriage that should have ended way sooner...which was my motivation for being healthy and fit. The past year though...even though I have been a regular at the gym still (somewhat) I have been enjoying life a little too much when it comes to eating and drinking and the weight is creeping up. I actually had to buy clothes up a size...something I swore I would never do. So here I am....up 30 lbs again and I am determined to get it back down and learning to live a balanced life. Looking forward to making friends here....Let's do this!!

Replies

• bellabella1983
    bellabella1983 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Wow you do not look 49 ..you look fantastic. Add me I need the help too.
  • Mom2Maika
    Mom2Maika Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm on board with you and willing to support you 100% of the way!
  • babs9778
    babs9778 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    thanks ladies!! I quit smoking 5 years ago using a message board as support and it was what did it for me..MFP will do this for me too! We can do this...we are worthy!
  • CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    You've lost 70lbs, 30 is no problem. You've totally got this!
  • julieafraser
    julieafraser Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    You can add me aswell. I need massive support to lose another 2/3 stone. I am struggling at the mo
  • laurallucas1
    laurallucas1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'll join in
  • babs9778
    Options
    awesome! the more the merrier!
  • Frankie00m
    Frankie00m Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Can I join you guys too? I'm new to this app but have managed to lose weight before with an online app. Need some motivation and support to stay again and lose 2-3 stone. Feel free to add me.
  • babs9778
    Options
    Frankie00m wrote: »
    Can I join you guys too? I'm new to this app but have managed to lose weight before with an online app. Need some motivation and support to stay again and lose 2-3 stone. Feel free to add me.

gotcha!
  • joldavies76
    joldavies76 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, do you mind if I join? Not quite sure how this message thread thing works yet but I have 3 stone to lose in 7 months and I am a bit clueless as to how to do it. Any tips greatly appreciated. Thanks Jo
  • autopilot_off
    autopilot_off Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I agree with bellabella1983, you don't look anywhere near 49! I don't know if this is a ladies only party but I'd love to offer my support and encouragement. That is if you don't mind a Y chromosome in the mix.
  • babs9778
    Options
    Hi, do you mind if I join? Not quite sure how this message thread thing works yet but I have 3 stone to lose in 7 months and I am a bit clueless as to how to do it. Any tips greatly appreciated. Thanks Jo

got your friend request! happy to join you too
  • babs9778
    Options
    I agree with bellabella1983, you don't look anywhere near 49! I don't know if this is a ladies only party but I'd love to offer my support and encouragement. That is if you don't mind a Y chromosome in the mix.

of course I don't mind!! I will send you a request! and thanks for the compliment both bella and autopilot...very sweet!
  • Billsfanincuse
    Billsfanincuse Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, happy I read this thread, everyone seems so complimentary and supportive. I have 50+ to lose, but starting small with a 16 pound loss for my first goal.
  • Hatchet5150
    Hatchet5150 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I want to join as well please!
  • ConfidentInMyJourney
    ConfidentInMyJourney Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just joined the app and I need to lose 100lbs. I am hoping to find some friends and such! I'm pretty new to this so any help would be appreciated. ☺️
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,286 Member
    Options
    I lost most of my weight and re gained again (when life got in the way) feel free to add me as we both lose ... again!
  • LeeSanders147
    LeeSanders147 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Lee I am one of the lucky ones have already hit my goal weight and now just working hard on maintaining that weight and have been for almost 2 years now but always ready to help others.