FAIR FOOD!!!

Replies

• SiegfriedXXL
    SiegfriedXXL Posts: 219 Member
    Well it looks like I'll be vacationing in MN come August. Nothing to do with the fair food, of course. >.>

Nothing.... o:)
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Our carnival is this week! Def going to go over my calories on Friday!
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    I love to try the new stuff at the Rodeo and State Fair every year, and deep fried oreos are pretty fantastic, but honestly, nothing comes close to the original corney dog. Every year, I think "Oh, it's just a corn dog" and then I get one and I have a weird little mouthgasm right there in the middle of the crowd.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    You have fairs already? Ours aren't until August.

*kicks rocks*

Oh. MN. Well, enjoy your week of summer. :flowerforyou:

The Fair doesn't begin until August 24th, people just get really excited for the new foods each year so it's always a big media reveal.

Rumors of summer are highly exaggerated. I had to wear a jacket to work this morning (it's in the 70s now though).

I should summer in MN...that sounds awesome. We're 105* today...supposed to hit 110* tomorrow...cold front coming in this weekend though, so we'll be in the mid 90s. I rode this morning at 5:45 and it was already 80*

It does make summer workouts easier (although we usually get higher heat and humidity later in the summer). I remember some August runs last year that were totally brutal.

You also have mosquitoes the size of falcons, so there's that.
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    Deep fried snickers. My diabetes is already punching me in the face for even thinking about it but i dont care.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    I'd totally try this one...

324-1-8.jpg

• cwolfman13
    I'd have this steak taco for sure...

643-1-11.jpg
  • cwolfman13
    Pork belly is one of my favorite indulgences...

218-1-12.jpg
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    edited June 2017
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Why would you eat that when you can have a can of tuna and a bag of lettuce?
    :)
  • potatogirl741
    potatogirl741 Posts: 64 Member
    I will be attending 3+ times in order to try the new foods and the standards I get every year. Not new, but I dream about the Caramel Apple Pie Beer. It's my favorite time of year.
  • astronaught
    astronaught Posts: 103 Member
    Exactly 6 weeks until the Sonoma County Fair. We lag far behind the MN fair in fried food because of all the hippie dippy health nut farm to table people here, but there is still a good selection. Of course, while the fair may lack in fried food we do have an abundance of very ugly dogs.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    wjbsksim627m.jpg

Deep fried cookie dough...looks gross, tastes A-MAZING!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,971 Member
    Just attended a local county fair. Almost broke down an bought a fried Twinkie -- have wanted to try one for some time -- but shared a WAY overpriced smoked turkey leg and a roasted corn on the cob w/my GF instead. The only "cheats" were a couple of beers which I also shared w/my GF.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    I think I put the MN state fair on my bucket list just now. I'm also really hungry right now.
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    I think I put the MN state fair on my bucket list just now. I'm also really hungry right now.

Best in the country!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    I just need some fried oreos and one of those donut bacon cheeseburgers and I'll be on my way.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member

Best in the country!

Oh, I don't know . . . the Wisconsin State Fair is pretty awesome and they have Creampuffs!

(Then again, Minnesotans and Wisconsinites are kind of like half-siblings anyway. They have more wheat farmers and Lutherans and we have more dairy farmers and Catholics but otherwise we are very similar.)
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    cross2bear wrote: »
    there is a television show out now called Carnival Eats. Its like a train wreck to me - I know I shouldnt stare, but I cant tear my eyes away.

Some (most) of the food on offer looks absolutely disgusting. Deep fried everything - literally, pick something weird and chances are its been deep fried at a fair.

And portions sizes are big enough to feed a family of 4 - I dont get it.

I hate to disappoint everyone, but Carnival Eats has the people they spotlight on their show exaggerate what they really sell. At least the one that was filmed here locally. The one done on a local vendor was a breakfast sandwich, it originally had sausage, bacon, and egg. The people from Carnival Eats had him show it as three sausage patties, three pieces of bacon, and three eggs and called it the three little pigs (or something similar to that). I don't watch it anymore because I know it is mostly made up.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member

Best in the country!

Indiana is pretty awesome as well.