A Happy Medium?

Options
BWilkSilly
BWilkSilly Posts: 13 Member
My cardio must be god awful. Jogging or any type of actual running is arduous on my body for some reason but an elliptical and cycling I can do for hours and high intensity.
I swam competitively and did cross country way back in the day but is there some good cardio workout/machines or should I make my own routines?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What are your goals? If it's just to improve fitness in general then do a bit of each... the only way you will get better at running is to run more...
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    As @TavistockToad says - if you're doing it for fitness using a variety of equipment is useful. If you're doing it for cardio conditioning or calorific burn as an addition to full body strength training, which cardio machine is largely irrelevant - just pick your favorite.
  • LisaEatSleepRun
    LisaEatSleepRun Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Do whatever you can stick with!
  • BWilkSilly
    BWilkSilly Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    In the end I have to run...I need to make it a 1.5 miles in under 12 minutes for pararescue but I have a lot of training till then
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,571 Member
    Options
    Do what you like/what makes you feel best with just enough training for your run. You shouldn't need to run too often or too much to make it to 1.5 miles in 12 minutes. (Not judging, takes me 12 min to run a mile lol)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    BWilkSilly wrote: »
    In the end I have to run...I need to make it a 1.5 miles in under 12 minutes for pararescue but I have a lot of training till then

So your main cardio should be running.