Looking for an extra push

Options
Hi my name is Kristen and I just started using this app a few days ago. I had it before but hardly used it. I'm looking to make friends who want to help keep each other motivated. Currently things are extremely stressful in my life and I'm trying to stay positive so I figured I would try getting healthy. My goal is to lose 75lbs. I would love to learn about you.

Replies

• Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

tenor.gif
  • autopilot_off
    autopilot_off Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kristen. I can relate to stress in life. One of the great things about tracking your meals is that it gives you control over something in your life. As you begin mastering the control of your food (not easy by the way) you'll learn how to control other aspects of your life. The parts that are within your control that is. You can totally do this!
  • bellabella1983
    bellabella1983 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I lost my mother very unexpectedly last month and started doing a lot of drinking on top of stress eating so I completely understand :(
  • LeeSanders147
    LeeSanders147 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Lee I am one of the lucky ones have already hit my goal weight and now just working hard on maintaining that weight but always ready to help others.
  • KrissyJ0104
    KrissyJ0104 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I lost my mother very unexpectedly last month and started doing a lot of drinking on top of stress eating so I completely understand :(

I'm so sorry to hear that. I completely understand where you are coming from. I would love to help keep each other motivated cause I do a lot of stress eating as well.

• KrissyJ0104
    Options
    Hi my name is Lee I am one of the lucky ones have already hit my goal weight and now just working hard on maintaining that weight but always ready to help others.

Congratulations!!! That's awesome. If you have any tips you can share on how you reached your goal and what worked for you that would be great!!
  • KrissyJ0104
    Options
    Welcome Kristen. I can relate to stress in life. One of the great things about tracking your meals is that it gives you control over something in your life. As you begin mastering the control of your food (not easy by the way) you'll learn how to control other aspects of your life. The parts that are within your control that is. You can totally do this!

Thank you! And you are absolutely right!! It's hard and I may fall off sometimes but I think with tracking my meals I will be able to learn from my mistakes and push through it.