Not loosing weight

Options
I have been eating healthier and serious portion control for about a month now and have only lost 3 pounds. I just started working out to boost my weight loss. My question is what am I doing wrong!? I have 70ish pounds I need to loose

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,122 Member
    Options
    Eating healthier and portion control is not necessarily going to provide a substantial calorie deficit. If you are counting calories based on the goal Myfitnesspal gave you, and measuring your serving size carefully, you could perhaps lose a little faster, but 3 pound is not nothing. Some people lose slow.
  • DoinitforME08
    DoinitforME08 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am counting the calories also I just feel like it should be a little faster ? Hopefully this month will be month I'll try not to quit! Thanks for some positive feed back!
  • kam3190
    kam3190 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Beginning a workout routine can cause you to retain water so you might have lost more than the scale is telling you
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I am counting the calories also I just feel like it should be a little faster ? Hopefully this month will be month I'll try not to quit! Thanks for some positive feed back!

How are you counting calories? Eyeballing/guesstimates? Or weighing all solids on a scale and measuring all liquids? Are you also using database entries with correct info?
  • DoinitforME08
    Options

How are you counting calories? Eyeballing/guesstimates? Or weighing all solids on a scale and measuring all liquids? Are you also using database entries with correct info?

I'm manly reading all the packages info and guessing on things like fruits and veggies. I have the 21 day fix containers that I try to use to measure out also
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    food scale or nothing. You're eating more than you think. Weigh liquids (fl oz of milk) instead of using cup measures, and all solids. The more accurate your logging, the easier it will be to adjust accordingly.
  • rileysowner
    Options
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    food scale or nothing. You're eating more than you think. Weigh liquids (fl oz of milk) instead of using cup measures, and all solids. The more accurate your logging, the easier it will be to adjust accordingly.

dont you mean use cups for liquids? as milk in fl oz is going to be different than say water in fl oz,and a scale in grams for solids and semi solids,. and many scales dont have a fl oz weight on the scale. if they do its going to cost more.a basic digital scale and measuring cups(for liquids) is all that is needed.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Scale. I eat hundreds of calories per day in vegetables. 120-200 just in lettuce lol.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

dont you mean use cups for liquids? as milk in fl oz is going to be different than say water in fl oz,and a scale in grams for solids and semi solids,. and many scales dont have a fl oz weight on the scale. if they do its going to cost more.a basic digital scale and measuring cups(for liquids) is all that is needed.

For the sake of accuracy (and an example) many of my recipes that I've been using for years use milk/almond milk/soy milk or whatever in fl. oz. measurements. I know the cup equivalency, but habit is habit. For what it's worth, my digital ozeri scale measures fl. oz. If it's an option for logging, it's just more effective. I'm totally on board and see where you're coming from though. FWIW, my scale was $12 bucks.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

For the sake of accuracy (and an example) many of my recipes that I've been using for years use milk/almond milk/soy milk or whatever in fl. oz. measurements. I know the cup equivalency, but habit is habit. For what it's worth, my digital ozeri scale measures fl. oz. If it's an option for logging, it's just more effective. I'm totally on board and see where you're coming from though. FWIW, my scale was $12 bucks.

hmm I have an ozeri too and it only measures oz/ml not fl oz. and mine was around the same price
  • texteach66
    texteach66 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love my scale!! I weigh almost everything, usually to the gram or milliliter.
  • DoinitforME08
    Options
    I didn't even think of getting a scale. I will do though. Thank everyone!
  • rileysowner
    edited June 2017
    Options

Measuring liquids using cups, fl oz, ml or any other volume measure is fine for liquids. I prefer ml because of the smaller size of a unit.