From 175 lbs to 175 lbs...

Options

Replies

• djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Calibrate wrote: »
    Calibrate wrote: »
    Do you use a program for cutting/massing? I purchased RP template a while back and haven't been able to pull the trigger yet. Your post is definitely pushing me in that direction, you look fantastic!

No, I just adjust my calories to be in a deficit for cutting and a surplus for bulking. My workouts are mostly the same, I just make sure I hit everything at least once a week. How I split is determined by how many times I can get to the gym that week. And when I'm bulking I use progressive overload. Can't really make increases like that when cutting.

Thanks for the info. Whatever you are doing, it sure is working! I'm CrossFit 3x per week plus 1 strickly lifting class per week. Pretty much maintaining my weight right now but will try a cut in the fall to lose some % in body fat.

If your goal is to actually add muscle, I would recommend dropping crossfit and getting on a structured lifting schedule utilizing progressive overload to stimulate muscle growth.
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Nice work man. Didn't think looking like that was possible at 5'8" 170 pounds. Doubt I'll look near that at the same height but inspired for sure. Thanks
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    The biggest difference I see............................the changing of the doorknob. I kid. Great job.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Haha - I was going to say, "like the new door knob"!

OP, great effort, and a fantastic example of why the scale isn't always the best tool for measuring success and achievements in body composition
  • Chena83
    Chena83 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Grear job
  • debisjazz
    debisjazz Posts: 115 Member
    Options

Awesome! Your smile says it all. :smile:
  • zipitzippy
    zipitzippy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Great progress!
  • schtump
    schtump Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it appears you carry a lot of weight in your guns. Seriously, great transformation!
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    one of the most beautiful recomps I've seen. Well done OP
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    From Carl Pilkington to dayum! Great job!
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    What was your program like? in summary :) did you do cardio? any particular lifting programs? What age if you don't mind?

you look great. You're what i'm looking forward to. I'm the fatish 175 pounder ...determining if i want my cal intake lower or at main with lifting.

Just curious how you went about this?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! great work OP :smile:
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    brilliant!! well done!!
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Well done.
  • djeffreys10
    Options
    From Carl Pilkington to dayum! Great job!

I had to google Pilkington. That resemblance is kinda scary lmao
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    This calls for THE HIGHEST OF FIVES!
    Awesome work!
  • djeffreys10
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »
    What was your program like? in summary :) did you do cardio? any particular lifting programs? What age if you don't mind?

you look great. You're what i'm looking forward to. I'm the fatish 175 pounder ...determining if i want my cal intake lower or at main with lifting.

Just curious how you went about this?

The first couple years, I did cardio when I was cutting. Mainly because I didn't have hardly any muscle mass, so if I wanted to actually eat I had to increase my calorie deficit with cardio. But after that, I kinda tapered off. I probably haven't done any cardio in a couple years now, as I can eat a lot more than I used to and be in a calorie deficit. Now I have the opposite problem. When I am gaining, I often get to the point that I am having to force feed myself to try and get more calories in. I had one period where I was eating 4400 calories a day through the week (I took a break on the weekends by not eating quite as much), and staying miserably full. But I didn't gain at all for 6 weeks.
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Dang son :) Very well done.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    you don't have any progress pics through out your journey? no i don't usually ask dudes for pics. i don't swing that way. just curious.
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I love this! Thanks for sharing :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!