Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

subs for mayo needed...

2»

Replies

• thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    I opt for the light mayo (Kraft Miracle Whip Light is 20 cals per tablespoon. Not sure of the fat...) or I have recently taken to spreading on the Laughing Cow or Weight Watchers light cheese wedges onto my sandwich. I like the Jalapeno cheese one. It's like, 35 calories and very low fat, if not fat free. Check it out!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Have to echo the Laughing Cow Cheese suggestion.

I've start subbing it for cheese slices. Eliminates about 100 calories from how I used to make a sandwich.
  • RoseCoreling
    RoseCoreling Posts: 55 Member
    I use fat free ranch dressing, about a tablespoon or so-I think it tastes great! Pretty similar to mayo!
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Franks red hot. Particularly the "wing. Hot buffalo". Its thick. Spreadable. And adds a delicious kick to any sandwich.
    I stand by their motto. I put that *kitten* on everything! :wink:

Hummus works too.
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    i use a little low fat cream cheese.. but i dont eat mayo at all.. i hate it...
  • ErikaSwenson
    ErikaSwenson Posts: 160 Member
    SALSA. I love the stuff and eat it nearly everyday. I have lately been having the Starkist low-sodium chunk light tuna pouch (80 cals), lowfat Swiss cheese slice (60 cals), multigrain sandwich thin (100 cals), handful of spinch (5 cals), and three scrumptious tablespoons of salsa (15 cals). Delicious, filling, fast sammie (260 cals) bound together by SALSA!
  • tarapin
    tarapin Posts: 169
    tzatziki sauce. they sell it at costco and it's SO yummy on a wrap or salad with chicken, turkey burgers or whatever kind of meat you like. It's low in fat, calories and BIG on taste. Take it from this mayo addict!
  • mlek13
    mlek13 Posts: 44
    Franks red hot. Particularly the "wing. Hot buffalo". Its thick. Spreadable. And adds a delicious kick to any sandwich.

Hummus works too.

^YES to this! YUM... love that stuff! :love:

I also put salsa on just about anything, subs, veggies, salads...it is full of flavor and low cal... just watch the sodium :drinker:
  • Nowayjose54
    Nowayjose54 Posts: 14 Member

Hummus works too.
    Be careful. While regular old hot sauce has nothing fattening or high calories in it (and it's packed with flavor, yum!) the specialty hot sauce, including some of the wing flavors, have oil or butter in them. Yet, the serving size is you little, you may not notice on the label (under .5 is counted as 0, remember) so you won't want to overdo it. The regular Frank's though? I douse my veggie sandwiches in it. So tasty and barely any calories!
  • o
  • a peice of laughing cow cheese? It spreads pretty good and tastes really good!

Yeah it acts as the cheese and mayo!
  • go2grrl
    go2grrl Posts: 190 Member
    Follow Your Heart Reduced Fat Vegenaise. It's made with flaxseed oil and olive oil and contains NO corn syrup.
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Fat free Sour Cream? 20 cal for 2 Tablespoons.
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Make your own good seasons (or other brand) Italian dressing without all of the oil, yummy. two tbs oil, and some water is 30 calories for two tablespoons.
  • anastasiawildflower
    anastasiawildflower Posts: 197 Member
    Follow Your Heart Reduced Fat Vegenaise. It's made with flaxseed oil and olive oil and contains NO corn syrup.

exactly what I was going to say! Doesn't taste too terrible either.
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 507 Member
    A little balsamic vinegar... a little gives a good sweet/salty/vinegary punch. or hot sauce of choice... :)
  • MrsCurtisinTX
    MrsCurtisinTX Posts: 88 Member
    definitely avacado
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Mustard + hot sauce + wasabi. Mmmmmm...
  • hottiewannabe
    hottiewannabe Posts: 92 Member
    Thanks for all the great ideas! I will definitely try the Laughing Cow spreadable cheese and the hot sauce. I think I already have these in the kitchen.