c25K started 7/14

Options
k8es
k8es Posts: 271 Member
I started c25K on July 14 and it's been going well. As I look at the weeks ahead :noway: I'm realizing that I might need more than just myself to keep the motivation going. Is anyone else doing the program that started around the same time? I will be starting week 3 on Wednesday

Replies

• olpbabe
    olpbabe Posts: 89
    Options
    My husband and I are finishing week 2 today. So far, it's going pretty good!
  • Solat37_Neil
    Solat37_Neil Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I just started week 2 today, so I'm bumping this for advance warnings :wink: Good luck!!
  • JessicaMarie9382
    Options
    I started it, hurt my knee, started it again.....chickened out and I'm REstarting on Monday....maybe we can motivate each other? :)
  • spampeg
    spampeg Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I should finish up Week Two today, and looking forward to Week Three. I SO want to jump ahead in the program but have to fight the urge.

This is my third attempt since March/April at doing the C25K series... so I'm hoping I don't lose my motivation.

Good luck!
  • cmduncan
    cmduncan Posts: 69
    Options
    I'm in week 6 (I've been grounded for the last week and a half to have my wisdom teeth out or I would be farther along). Don't worry. Looking ahead those runs seem scary but you can definitely do them (or repeat them if necessary). You'll get there! Also, if you're on facebook, check out the C25K page there for some motivation and support!
  • k8es
    Options
    thanks for the responses, encouragement and suggestions! If anyone is interested in continuing this thread for ongoing support I'll keep checking back. Good luck to everyone!
  • Solat37_Neil
    Solat37_Neil Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    thanks for the responses, encouragement and suggestions! If anyone is interested in continuing this thread for ongoing support I'll keep checking back. Good luck to everyone!

Same to you!! Let's get this NAILED! :wink:
  • k8es
    Options
    Same to you!! Let's get this NAILED! :wink:
    [/quote]

LOVE your enthusiasm!
  • brocksmom
    brocksmom Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I started 7/18. This next wek will be my 2nd week. I do it on M-W-TH.
    If someone told me I would be doing this, I would have thought they were crazy:laugh:
    So far so good.

Karen
  • CallieWeber
    Options
    I start Week 4 tonight. I signed up for a 5k on the weekend after I finish the program to keep motivated. Good luck!
  • k8es
    Options
    Just finished Day 1 of Week 3 and lived to tell the story! Hope you are all doing well!
  • catherinejbr
    Options
    I am on Week 2, Day 2, which I will be doing this evening. I am thinking of signing up for a 5 k run for late September for motivation. It is a run / walk event, so it won't matter how slow I am! I feel great each time I do it, mostly because after doing all my working out in a basement gym here at work, being outside in the sunshine feels like a treat. I have discovered that I can always find a dozen excuses not to go out, but haven't given in to them yet....
  • k8es
    Options
    I am on Week 2, Day 2, which I will be doing this evening. I am thinking of signing up for a 5 k run for late September for motivation. It is a run / walk event, so it won't matter how slow I am! I feel great each time I do it, mostly because after doing all my working out in a basement gym here at work, being outside in the sunshine feels like a treat. I have discovered that I can always find a dozen excuses not to go out, but haven't given in to them yet....

Good for you! Keep going, you can do it! I have found a 5K in Sept that I'm considering signing up for as well -- it'll keep me honest :)
  • nicolegetsfit
    Options
    I'm doing Week 2 Day 2 today, but my knee's been hurting so I'm nervous haha. Good luck! :)
  • aray379
    aray379 Posts: 131
    Options
    I am on W3D2 today. There is this group... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/298461-week-1-c25k-running-group
    there is a range of people in it from people who just started to those that are on week 4 or so. I am also getting nervous about the upcoming weeks, though I was apprehensive about Week 3 and 3 minutes runs and it was fine! I ended up liking the longer runs better than the shorter ones.
  • daddyratty
    daddyratty Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Sign up and pay for a race somewhere at the end of Week 9 or within a couple weeks after. This will help keep you on track (although you still need to put out the effort to get out there). I started in January and signed up for an event in mid-March so that I was pretty locked in and had to complete each workout in order to finish the training in time.
  • brocksmom
    brocksmom Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Week 2 for me and day 2 tonight, still loving it:smile:

Karen
  • k8es
    Options
    Sign up and pay for a race somewhere at the end of Week 9 or within a couple weeks after. This will help keep you on track (although you still need to put out the effort to get out there). I started in January and signed up for an event in mid-March so that I was pretty locked in and had to complete each workout in order to finish the training in time.
    Love this idea! I found one that's within my last week. It's followed by an Irish Festival -- maybe not the healthiest incentive :laugh: but incentive none the less!
  • daddyratty
    daddyratty Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Love this idea! I found one that's within my last week. It's followed by an Irish Festival -- maybe not the healthiest incentive :laugh: but incentive none the less!

No, do it! You totally deserve it. Bottoms up!
  • catherinejbr
    Options
    I will be doing w2d3 this evening... and I did sign up for a 5k run on September 18th! Hopefully this will keep me going and I'll finish the program...