Losing a stone in a month?!

Options
Hey everyone, so I'm a 19yr old male.
Just last summer I stopped swimming so I could focus on my school work in my final year, this came at a cost of stopping the mass of training but keeping the massive appetite and put on about a stone over a little more.
I've cut a couple of pounds so exactly a stone above we're I'd like to be but having trouble cutting any weight now.
I've started a low carb diet and high intensity/short workouts but still finding trouble in losing it. Not sure why?
My meals are generally pretty healthy and a lot smaller now that I don't have carbs with it. Not taking in many cals a day and my body is detoxing right now.
Anyone got any meal ideas or workout ideas? My weight was out on around my stomach/behind!(so long six pack

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Not going to happen in a month...
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »
    You want to lose 14 lbs in a month, when that's all you have left to lose....it's not going to happen. Any aggressive weight loss with so little to lose if going to result in muscle lose no matter what your diet or exercise regime. So when you say so long 6 pack, you're right it really will be gone.

This^

Extremely fast weight loss = a larger % of lean muscle loss, there's no way around that.

Low carb is a whoosh of water weight loss in the beginning (glycogen stores) that may inflate weight loss numbers temporarily, but weight loss is going slow down.

Math example - 3,500 = 1 pound. 3,500 x 14 = 49,000. 49,000 / 30 = a daily 1,633 calorie deficit.

I don't know your height or weight but let's say 19 YO, moderate activity, 5'10" 184 pounds
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

TDEE = 3055 less 1633 = eat 1,422 calories. Good luck keeping up moderate workouts on so little little food. Your body will be using lean muscle mass for fuel.

Carbs aren't "bad" foods & your body is not detoxing because of diet. Detoxing is the job of your liver & kidneys.
  • TheJourneyToFabulous
    TheJourneyToFabulous Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I lost 14lbs my first month but I was at 290 starting so I believe it's doable at a high weight. But if that is all you have to lose then it will be longer than a month
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    What's with the deadline? It's not going to come off in a month.

Also, I'm really concerned about your claim that you're "not taking in many cals a day". How many?

(PS: Your body is NOT "detoxing". Unless you're an alcoholic or drug addict and you're coming off.)
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Seems unnecessary. It's okay if it takes a few months.

Eat enough to fuel your body.

Use a food scale.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Let me get this straight. You openly admit that it took you a year to put on the weight but want it to come back off in a month? Good luck getting that done and even more luck keeping it off.
  • Muana1005
    Muana1005 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Plan your day so you can swim and do school work. This will be good training for real life - all of us have to balance exercise with parenting and/or work.