Waiting for Gastric Bypass in London

Options
I'm based in London and currently going through the compulsory 9 month programme prior to Gastric Bypass/ Sleeve. I'm so excited to be doing this! I'm referred to the Surgical Team at Chelsea and Westminister Hospital in October. Is anyone else waiting? Preparing? I've learned SO much, including starting to use this App! I'm currently having food funerals at the moment!! Drop me a line if you're in the same situation or could provide any positive insight!

Replies

• HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I congratulate you on taking steps toward getting your weight under control. Have a look through the forums and get to know the environment here. There are several 'Getting Started'-esque threads.

Also, while I don't like myself for being judgemental, and I know I'm not your doctor, I do worry about all surgical options as a general rule. While you're using the app (or the website) during this nine-month period, maybe also strategically search through the boards for threads where people who have lost large amounts of weight have told their stories. There are at least a few who have managed to skip the surgical options altogether in the end.

Best of luck, and welcome again.
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

These are some of my favourite "lots of weight lost" threads...

230lbs lost
    How I lost 130lbs
    Images of huge weight loss from MFP members

Also have a look at the stickies!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I would try these MFP groups, you will get more accurate information and less judgement than the main boards.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/637-gastric-bypass-vsg-lapband

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1052-vsgers
  • TheChanelista
    TheChanelista Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Incredible! Thank you for your responses. I'm excited to have the surgery- I don't wish to avoid it. Would love to know if anyone is doing it according to 'UK' guidelines.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Incredible! Thank you for your responses. I'm excited to have the surgery- I don't wish to avoid it. Would love to know if anyone is doing it according to 'UK' guidelines.

I'm not in the UK and not sure of the guidelines, but if you have any questions at all, please feel free to ask.