Help me with these late nights cravings!

Options
Hey all! I have been doing well with losin weight, but and cracking and night and feasting like I haven't eaten all day and ruining my progress. What are some tips and tricks you more progressed people have to help with the late night grazing?!

Replies

• NicoleVT83
    NicoleVT83 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I usually go for a 2 miles walk.
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Save calories for before bed. Experiment to find what keeps you full. I usually go for a protein shake.

Otherwise I'm up in the middle of the night eating peanut butter and honey :D

I find it easier to be disciplined during the day, than the evening when I'm tired.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I keep sugar free pudding around and now I've taken up knitting which has been shockingly helpful.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    Save your calories so you can eat a banana, glass of milk or some cheese before you go to bed. If you have your calories set really low (i.e. 2 lbs a week) try 1.5 instead. Or, as said above, go for a walk, which will help distract you, plus give you some extra calories so you can eat a light snack.
  • Dvdgzz
    Dvdgzz Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Used to be an issue with me but since I now do IF, I can have a large bowl of cereal before bed.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    plan an evening snack - the first thing that goes into my diary each day is my evening bowl of cereal
  • bethany_rose8
    bethany_rose8 Posts: 102 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I start each day with a bulletproof coffee (not paleo, just a coffee lover and barista) which consists of: 1 cup fresh espresso, 1 tbsp cultured or grass fed butter, 1/2 tbsp coconut oil and I add cafe series amino energy BCAAS in caramel macchiato flavour ATM to increase amino acids in that meal, optional though or you could add sugar free hot chocolate powder for a mocha taste and sweetener. I usually have this with fruit to get micronutrients in early and I love fruit. This high fat meal curbs my appetite during the day and I usually end up eating lunch at 2-3pm and sometimes I shall skip it or have a snack instead, catching up later in the day. It makes it easier for me to maintain calorie intake later in the day and I usually have a good amount of calories left for snacks! I then snack on yogurt, dark chocolate, sandwhiches, protein bars and shakes, fruit etc. Treats I can fit in are lollies, chips, crackers etc. If you got this far I hope you got something useful from this☺️
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I have a "before bed meal" category in my diary.
  • bethany_rose8
    bethany_rose8 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You could also have eggs, bacon and veg/fruit for a similar if not better effect
  • lyssa1210
    lyssa1210 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Sometimes a mixed snack of salty and sweet like raisins and macadamia nuts can really help the craving
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I usually have some fruit and peanut butter right right before bed, satisfies my sweet tooth and helps me sleep.
  • conseanery
    conseanery Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Intermittent Fasting helps in these situations - take a look into it. It might not be for you, but certainly worth a shot. I also have really bad cravings in the evening time. If I conglomerate all of my calories in the evening time I have more flexibility for eating. Also, having one larger meal at night helps keep me full. Sometimes, a slow digesting protein shake (like Casein) can also help keep you full going into bed time.
  • missyjg99
    missyjg99 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I've found that my late night snacking was from one of three things: 1. Not enough water. 2. Tired. 3. Bored/stressed. I try and remove myself from my current room. So if I'm watching TV lets say, I'll go upstairs and watch there or I'll go out and play with the dogs a bit, or do a little bit of exercise in the form of waist bends; stand up straight, squat to pick up toy, stand up straight and move toy to toybin. Repeat this about 700 times :) But in all seriousness, I try and figure out why I'm snacking. If I still want to snack b/c lets face it, life is short, I drink 16+ ounces of water and eat something crunchy/low calorie such as carrots/celery etc. Then I will have a "snack/treat" but usually by then I don't have the energy.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Go to bed earlier.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on what you eat during the day. I agree with a few of the earlier posts. I only eat veggies and protein at work and I save 50-75% of my calories for after work. I eat dinner, then I have my before bed snacks. I am not eating cakes and pies and candy, but I do have a dessert and a snack. I have lost a lot of weight and I have eaten this way the entire time. It works for me and I never feel like I am depriving myself of anything.
  • haroldrios1692
    haroldrios1692 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Save your favorite meal of the day and have it at night. Hence you will have defeated the cravings while still staying within your daily calories.
  • Gymfanatic2017
    Gymfanatic2017 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Bolt and weld the fridge door