in need of help again

Options
Okay. I'm getting so frustrated. For about 2 months now I've been stuck between 257-260. I've been sticking to my diet and being active. I find I hit 257 and within a day or two I start creeping right back and in the matter of 3 days I'm 260. I know I've heard you can't gain a pound in just one day well my body seems to be doing that lol. I just can't get over this hump no matter what I do. In order to gain that weight back in a day I would have to be eating A LOT and I'm not at all. I'm logging my calories and keeping track. I just don't know what to do anymore. Please help!

Replies

• hollybuckley12
    hollybuckley12 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been eating about 1200- 1400 calories and my suggested calories is 1600. i also try to be active all day. I guess I could eat less but was always told not to go below that.
  • KevHex
    KevHex Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    People can often help if you open your diary for viewing.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring your intake?

You can gain a pound of water in a day (and even more).
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I've been eating about 1200- 1400 calories and my suggested calories is 1600. i also try to be active all day. I guess I could eat less but was always told not to go below that.

You're eating far more than 1200-1400, if you were you wouldn't have maintained 260 lbs for 2 months. Review your measuring and tracking methods.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options

You're eating far more than 1200-1400, if you were you wouldn't have maintained 260 lbs for 2 months. Review your measuring and tracking methods.

^^This is the problem. @hollybuckley12 - you say you are eating "about" 1200-1400. If in fact that is true and you have been logging it daily and haven't lost weight in two months, go to the doctor. There is something else going on.

However, "about" 1200-1400 is probably the problem. Tighten up your logging. No cheat days, log everything, do that for a month if you haven't been.

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    Here is where you open your FOOD page so we can take a look.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

(FOOD > Settings) Go to the bottom of the page and click "Public."
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and 148lbs and lose eating a minimum of 1600 calories. Either you're eating more than you think, or there's a medical condition going on. The weight would melt off of me if i was eating 1200-1300 calories, but i'd miserable and totally ravenous the whole time.

Having an open diary would help people give you more specific advice,
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Are your measuring your food intake with a food scale? It makes the most amazing difference!
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Use a food scale.

Make sure the info entered into mfp is accurate and eat that amount, not less.