Counting more than 5 macros

Options
Wtn_Gurl
Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
MFP only lets you set 5 macros to track. But I would like to see 8 macros that are important to me. The premium membership does not let you do more. Is there anything I can do that I had not yet realized can happen? Thank you for your help.

Replies

• Wtn_Gurl
    Options
    There are only 3 macros - protein, fat and carbs.

No, I mean when MFP gives you about 15 different things to track about those micros when you fill in your food each day - ie.. cholesterol, fat, protein, saturated fat, calories, etc. Is there any way to track your food by more than 5 choices MFP allows you? I'm wondering if there is something here that I have not yet found.

• chelllsea124
    chelllsea124 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    The premium version allows you to do this.
  • The313
    The313 Posts: 3,145 Member
    Options
    Not in your diary, but you can always go to reports and use the drop down menu to see everything individually.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options
    Wtn_Gurl wrote: »

No, I mean when MFP gives you about 15 different things to track about those micros when you fill in your food each day - ie.. cholesterol, fat, protein, saturated fat, calories, etc. Is there any way to track your food by more than 5 choices MFP allows you? I'm wondering if there is something here that I have not yet found.

Click on the "printable" version at the bottom of your food page. There's a green button...you have to have something entered on the FOOD page, or you'll see nothing...

On that page, these are the default nutrients tracked?:Calories Carbs Fat Protein Cholest Sodium Sugars Fiber

So you can change everything on the FOOD page (except calories) to something other than what is already tracked by default. That gives you 13 things (including calories) that you can track, it just requires a clickety back and forth to view them.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    On the web version, a user can only have Calories plus five nutrient columns tracked on the Diary page; those five can be changed in the settings. There is no difference on the web version for the number of columns whether you have Premium or not.

The mobile apps allow a user to track all nutrients by day or week view under Menu > Nutrition > Nutrients.

​Please see these articles, and search for answers to Frequently Asked Questions and other helpful articles, on the MFP Help/FAQ pages...

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/403927-how-can-i-change-the-nutrients-that-are-tracked-in-my-diary-

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1935024-what-are-the-features-of-myfitnesspal-premium-
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    The313 wrote: »
    Not in your diary, but you can always go to reports and use the drop down menu to see everything individually.

^^This.
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Options
    Thank you ! i never knew about that feature!
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Options

Click on the "printable" version at the bottom of your food page. There's a green button...you have to have something entered on the FOOD page, or you'll see nothing...

On that page, these are the default nutrients tracked?:Calories Carbs Fat Protein Cholest Sodium Sugars Fiber

So you can change everything on the FOOD page (except calories) to something other than what is already tracked by default. That gives you 13 things (including calories) that you can track, it just requires a clickety back and forth to view them.

I found the printable report which shows more than 5 macros. but I forget, is this only on the premium MFP?

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options

I found the printable report which shows more than 5 macros. but I forget, is this only on the premium MFP?

The View Full Report (Printable) feature is available to both free and Premium users. It shows Calories plus seven nutrients. I think the nutrient columns in the Printable report can not be modified. The default nutrients shown are: Carbs, Fat, Protein, Cholest, Sodium, Sugars, Fiber.