Mental glitch

Options
Last night, I went to Academy to get a pair of knee sleeves. My husband used the paper measuring device that was hanging for that purpose and I managed to pick a pair. I've gotten really in to squats and clean and jerks. I've lost a smigion over 30 pounds so far. I figured since that was something to sort of celebrate, that I'd get a new pair of workout shorts. I headed to the clothing section of Academy and it ended up zapping my excitement.
When we got home, I tried on my new knee sleeves, and of course they didn't fit. To add insult to injury, my husband tried them on and of course they fit. (A little background info) He's recently started working out with me. I'd say, for like the past two weeks, and he's already loss six pounds. I've had to struggle. Don't think I'm jealous, just frustrated. Last night, and around 2a.m., I ended up eating a total of four of the Jason's Deli macadamia nut cookies. They're like 330 calories a piece.
I felt embarrassed and that everything that I've been doing was pointless. I've never been diagnosed with diabetes, but I have noticed that whenever I eat sweets, part of my hand tends to hurt and I get a headache. Yet, I ate those cookies anyway.
After getting some sleep, I'm in a new place. I don't want to be the cause of my own death by eating foods that I know I shouldn't. Even though, I'm not where I want to be, I'm way further then when I first started. My two year old has a pair of 1lb weights that she uses in the garage so she can workout with me. I somehow managed to motivate my husband to exercise. So, yep. I had a minor glitch last night. It brought me back to my 300+ days of trying to buy clothes for myself. Those days often ended in frustration and teardrops. Even though I couldn't fit anything at Academy last night, it feels different this time. I feel a heck of a lot stronger. Today is a new day. Bring it on!!

Replies

• ElishevaLinietsky
    ElishevaLinietsky Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am happy you are in a better place now.
    Please don't buy those cookies!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifting chicks RULE!!! You got this!
  • lpn2003
    lpn2003 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I can really relate to your frustration in the clothing Dept.! I HATE shopping for myself. I'm stuck between a sz 12 being too tight & a sz 14 being too loose (depending on the brand). And all the cute clothes look horrible on me....ending in tears & telling myself "I told you so."
    Men usually do lose weight faster then women & that IS very frustrating!
    I've been on a "glitch" for about 3 months now so don't beat yourself up too bad over one night.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,491 Member
    Options
    Embrace the process.

I couldn't have succeeded at weight loss if I had never started training. Not because training is great for losing. In some ways it makes things more difficult.

But I learned incrementalism working out with weights. 8 reps with 25 lbs today will be 15 reps with 30 lbs in the future. Just keep at it. Weight training will train your mind and your body.

Weight loss is sort of like weight training in reverse. Just keep doing the program, it will work. Your brain will have to catch up to the new you.

Btw. Throw the cookies in the trash, don't compare yourself to others, husband included.