Hard time eating my exercise calories....

Options
Who could say that they are having a hard time eating more calories??? Most people counting calories would love just a few more... but I am currently eating 1290 calories a day. This hasn't been difficult for me at all. I also eat every 2 or 3 hours to help boost my metabolism. So here is my issue... I plan all of my calories at the beginning of my day (have always done meal planning) so I know exactly what I will intake. What I don't know is if I am going to work late or have something crazy happen in my single mom of 3 girls life to prevent me from exercising. So I never plan this into my day. By the time I get home get the kids into bed and have time to exercise it is too late for me to eat. (I don't eat after 7) Just wondering if anyone else is struggling with this and what you have done to get past it.

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Maybe eat the night before's exercise calories the next day - it should balance out.
  • luminescence
    luminescence Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you should break your rule and eat after 7. It wont hurt you.
  • Phanessa917
    Phanessa917 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I don't plan as well as you do but when I have left over calories, I enjoy a treat such as a bowl of ice cream! LOL
  • DontThinkJustRun
    DontThinkJustRun Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    If you're happy and it's working for you and you're losing weight, don't stress about it. If you find you're suddenly exercising a lot and starving and not losing weight, well then you can reevaluate.
  • JoceyyySmall
    JoceyyySmall Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    MFP gave me a calorie intake of 1538, I believe (sorry not sure of the exact number, but its 1500 calories minimum) and I honestly have a hard time eating up to that 1500 calories at best the most I ever end of taking in is 1300. I try to stay within what they gave me, but then I do exercise a lot and since I can barely make it into the calories given to me I can't find it in me to eat all my exercise cals back as I do work out a lot (I never have a problem completing exercises etc with what I take in)

Just listen to your body- you know it. Eat what you need to eat.
  • jennfisher13
    jennfisher13 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I don't plan as well as you do but when I have left over calories, I enjoy a treat such as a bowl of ice cream! LOL

This made me giggle. I HAVE to plan I am a single mom of 3 and active duty military. I have found that planning makes my already hectic life so much easier. But all of this planning has led to mild OCD. I have my life planned all the way down to 2 loads of laundry every evening....
  • aj_rock
    aj_rock Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Eating after 7 won't kill you. While it's excellent for disciplinary reasons (gain more control over what your body can make you do), if you need the calories, eat them.