No Sugar Coke (the Coke Zero replacement...)

If I go for a diet drink, I normally go for a diet coke. No coke zero, or Pepsi max (blech)

Tried to the new No Sugar Coke tonight, and my god it was awful - perhaps a good alternative for those who currently drink the "full fat" version, as apparently it tastes the same. I'll be sticking to Diet!

Anyone else tried it?

Replies

• Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Diet Dr. Pepper is where its at.

This has a lot of truth to it. While I haven't tried the new no sugar coke, i have tried a lot of diet pops of various brands and flavors and so far to this point, Diet Dr Pepper seems to be one of the leaders.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    I like Coke Zero. I'm hoping this new stuff is just a re-branding of it, like Pepsi Zero Sugar was a re-branding of Pepsi Max.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    If I want diet soda, I go for diet coke. Don't like coke zero, don't like diet pepsi. Can't stand regular coke, tastes off to me, since I'm used to diet. Probably won't try this new one.

There are some diet root beers I like and some ginger ales (fond of Goslings diet ginger beer), but they are usually harder to find in the diet version.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member

This has a lot of truth to it. While I haven't tried the new no sugar coke, i have tried a lot of diet pops of various brands and flavors and so far to this point, Diet Dr Pepper seems to be one of the leaders.

Diet Cherry Dr Pepper is even better, but that is apparently forbidden in Canada
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    I like Coke Zero. I'm hoping this new stuff is just a re-branding of it, like Pepsi Zero Sugar was a re-branding of Pepsi Max.

Nope, different taste. I can drink coke zero if I'm desperate, that won't be happening with this new one!
  • livingleanlivingclean

Dr pepper isn't a regular thing in Australia... I think it's available at speciality international food shops
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member

Dr pepper isn't a regular thing in Australia... I think it's available at speciality international food shops

Pity.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    edited June 2017

That's sad. :cry:
  • rachmgunt
    rachmgunt Posts: 8 Member
    No haven't tried it.vanilla coke zero is my fav
  • bettycooker
    bettycooker Posts: 29 Member
    LOVE me some Coke Zero and Diet Dr Pepper!! My favs
  • bettycooker
    bettycooker Posts: 29 Member
    Where do I find Vanilla Coke Zero?
  • Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member

Couldn't you order it online though?
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    If I go for a diet drink, I normally go for a diet coke. No coke zero, or Pepsi max (blech)

Tried to the new No Sugar Coke tonight, and my god it was awful - perhaps a good alternative for those who currently drink the "full fat" version, as apparently it tastes the same. I'll be sticking to Diet!

Anyone else tried it?

?? Since when is there fat in Coke (or any other soda)?
  • livingleanlivingclean

Anyone else tried it?

.... It's a joke. If you want normal you ask for full fat, if you want diet you ask for diet.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Colt1835 wrote: »

Couldn't you order it online though?

Probably. At an extortionate cost. That wasn't the point.... The point is the new "no sugar coke" tastes like *kitten* (imo) compared to the other sugar free options
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member

Anyone else tried it?

.... It's a joke. If you want normal you ask for full fat, if you want diet you ask for diet.

Is that in the U.K.? I've never heard that. Are you sure people who say it know it's a joke, or could they just be confused by the decades of dietary advice to avoid fat?
  • livingleanlivingclean

Anyone else tried it?

Is that in the U.K.? I've never heard that. Are you sure people who say it know it's a joke, or could they just be confused by the decades of dietary advice to avoid fat?

Australia. It's a joke. Probably more related to sugar making you fat than avoiding fat.