how does this happen with weight?

Options
2DUNNY
2DUNNY Posts: 101 Member
i have been doing a vigorous work-out routine daily for about 12 days now, and eating roughly 1200-1400 cal/day. i have gained about 2 lbs. yesterday, i stayed with my routine, but i didn't "care" how much i ate, and ended up logging about 1900 cal. i woke up this morning and had lost over a pound. how does this happen?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Water fluctuations and whether or not food is still in your system
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    You had a whoosh.
  • 2DUNNY
    Options
    You had a whoosh.

i LIKE the sound of that! :p
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Water retention tends to go up when you start working out! Also, it might be that you need to up your calories a little if you're working out that much! That'll all depend on your height/weight/age etc :smile:
  • 2DUNNY
    Options
    Water retention tends to go up when you start working out! Also, it might be that you need to up your calories a little if you're working out that much! That'll all depend on your height/weight/age etc :smile:

i was wondering about that. sounds counter-intuitive to add-in calories.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Your raised calories probably had nothing to do with the loss, in this case. You retained water from exercising which your body does to repair muscle, then you lost weight because weight loss is not linear and though you may be in a deficit for a week, it might take two weeks for it to show on the scale.
  • 2DUNNY
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Your raised calories probably had nothing to do with the loss, in this case. You retained water from exercising which your body does to repair muscle, then you lost weight because weight loss is not linear and though you may be in a deficit for a week, it might take two weeks for it to show on the scale.

this makes alot of sense. thank you.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    My cal limit is 2000, which I've been staying at w/in +/-100 cals, but had a binge day of 3200+ cals yesterday, but still dropped about 1/2# today because I had a big "whoosh" this morning b4 my weigh-In. LOL! ;)