Dessert & sweets

2»

Replies

• pennygm72
    pennygm72 Posts: 179 Member
    I eat over my sugar allowance several times a week, advised to do so by a dietician as eating very low fat while waiting for gallbladder removal and consuming sufficient calories is difficult. I've lost 46lbs since January this year so doesn't appear to have hampered my weight loss at all...and I'll eat a dessert every night whether it be yogurt, sorbet or fruit, on a Friday its three glasses of red wine...
  • CaliMomTeach
    CaliMomTeach Posts: 745 Member
    Since when is yogurt and cheese "dessert"? I just read this whole thread thinking we all have very different definitions of dessert, lol.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Ok listen, I'm not going to lie to you like everyone else. You CANNOT be eating sweets and desert often if your goal is weight loss...EVEN IF IT FITS YOUR MACROS. I don't mean to sound mean or anything but lots of sugar will eventually be stored as fat. People that eat a lot of sugar and stay lean and 1. Genetically predisposed to having very high insulin sensitivity 2. Eat it right before their workouts.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I'm tired of hearing this whole.. "if it fits your macros" crap. Try eating 2000 calories worth of sugar (if it fits your macros) and let me know what how you feel afterwards.

Once in a while.. cool.. often: NO.

Just being honest

You obviously don't understand the concept of IIFYM....
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited June 2017
    Ok listen, I'm not going to lie to you like everyone else. You CANNOT be eating sweets and desert often if your goal is weight loss...EVEN IF IT FITS YOUR MACROS. I don't mean to sound mean or anything but lots of sugar will eventually be stored as fat. People that eat a lot of sugar and stay lean and 1. Genetically predisposed to having very high insulin sensitivity 2. Eat it right before their workouts.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I'm tired of hearing this whole.. "if it fits your macros" crap. Try eating 2000 calories worth of sugar (if it fits your macros) and let me know what how you feel afterwards.

Just being honest

Who in here is telling OP to only eat 2000 calories worth of sugar (other than you)? The only responses I have seen indicate that it's okay to have a healthy relationship with it and it can be incorporated into an otherwise healthy diet. Why does it always have to be a binary 'you only eat all your calories in sugar! ' or 'you can have no sugar at all!' ? Is the concept of moderation really not an option in your mind?
    Also, I'm 80 lbs down, and ate plenty of sugary treats along the way. I also ate other wholesome foods, and watched my calorie intake. No one is lying here. You really can lose weight and eat sweets, too, even daily if you wish!
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    edited June 2017
    I will respectfully disagree with you. I have a mini candy bar with my lunch and some type of dessert item with dinner every day. I have lost 104 pounds.

Just being honest

• leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Dnarules wrote: »

Just being honest

2000 calories of sugar would not fit most macros. It helps to actually understand IIFYM.

TRU. Unless your macros are 500g carbs and no fat or protein :D
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    I eat it every night. But I find Fage with cocoa powder and stevia to be a dessert or a treat. I personally couldn't be eating a brownie every night for the same calories. At least the fage fills me up. I'll eat a pint of halo top or arctic zero on the reg as well.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    I have maintained my weight loss for three years more or less. (There have been a couple of stressful deaths in that time that caused me to gain 5-10lbs that I had to get back off.)
    I just ate 2 pieces of dark chocolate and I will have a protein shake before I go to sleep to meet that macro, but you can eat desseet/sweets if you plan for it.
  • texteach66
    texteach66 Posts: 92 Member
    I've lost 95 pounds and I treat myself regularly to sweets (mostly dark chocolate). We all have to figure out what works for us.